- 11 applicants
The backbone of the healthcare system is communication — between patients and their doctors, among healthcare teams, and even between practices and third- party providers like pharmacies, labs, and insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. It’s disconnected, siloed, antiquated, and highly inefficient....we’re trying to fix that.
Klara’s mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so every patient can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient- centric and truly connected — so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people and systems seamlessly, and patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Our mission is big, and our team is still growing. And that’s where you come in.
Having recently joined the ModMed family, we are well funded and growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle and foundations to build. It’s an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, and transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status quo, and a relentless passion for making our users’ lives better. And we believe the power of a talented team can accomplish anything — even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role:
As a Product Designer for Klara, you’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to define, design, and test products and digital services to deliver on our goals on the same level as great business and consumer experiences. We want to foster a trusted relationship through an easy-to-use, effective, and delightful product for healthcare professionals and patients.
The strategic priorities you’ll contribute to may include:
- Intelligent routing of inbound patient communication across various channels such as SMS, web chat, mobile app, voice, and more.
- Enabling teams to manage patient communication tasks at scale
- Crafting healthcare solutions for areas such as Scheduling, Patient Intake, Bill Payment, and more
You’ll work directly with Product Management and Engineering, as well as with Sales, Support, Marketing, and Leadership to ship great products across Klara and ModMed teams. You’ll take part in every stage of the product’s lifecycle and help build a great organization.
- Conduct primary and secondary research and work with research teams
- Design and contribute to scalable experiences across our channels (web, mobile, sms, and more)
- Contribute to and identify improvements in existing products
- Contribute to and identify user-centered problems for both patients and healthcare professionals
- Seek and utilize user feedback
- Contribute to understanding the systems that make our users function and replicate that in our products
- Demonstrate design best practices
- Build relationships, tools, and processes for the organization to support a clear and consistent design point of view
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working for a SaaS company
- 3+ years of professional experience in software product design and/or user experience design required (excluding internships & academic projects)
- 3+ years of experience designing and shipping multiple software features that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms
- Ability to work east coast hours, and travel domestically up to 10% required
- Solid record of success building impactful digital products and experiences, which you can tell through a story and presentation
- Experience conducting and utilizing user research and use data for making decisions
- Passion for understanding our users and the work they do
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while accomplishing daily tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and critical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships while being remote
- Experience commercializing digital health products for consumers, patients, and/or health care providers
- Experience delivering solutions in the communication space for B2B or B2B2C SaaS companies
- Experience working in startups or small companies
- Extensive career and growth opportunities in a fast-growing technology and health care area
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior technical leadership (based in Berlin), as well as senior business leadership (based in New York)
- The ability to tap into our investor network (FirstMark / Google’s Gradient / Project A) to consult with and learn from industry leaders
- Competitive compensation package
- Amazing culture
- Personal education budget
- Monthly budget for team events (team building, lunches, happy hours...)