- 4 applicants (31%)
Title:Product Designer (Contractor)
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online collaborative whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from IBM, Salesforce, Credit Suisse, and Netflix. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other it’s about creating a space of purpose. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision Freehand enables businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
With Freehand we’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
InVision has always been a fully distributed, remote organization. Our internal culture is made up of diverse, collaborative, connections forming a community where everyone belongs, thrives, and grows. We are shaping the future of work. Come join us.
Our team is in search of a Contract Product Designer who will collaborate with us to reimagine the future of work with Freehand. This role will be a 1099 contractor with the potential for conversion to a full-time employee in the future.
About the team:
This role will work most closely with our Growth Zone , which is responsible for evolving and redefining our foundational products across a suite of experiences, both new and existing. This includes areas of our E2E experience, including: core tooling, navigation, organization, sharing content, solving for collaboration across teams, and the entire InVision home experience.
In this role, you will be empowered to identify the right problems to solve and create solutions that our customers love while driving the business forward. You will be challenged to redefine existing patterns, create innovative solutions for complex systems, and explore new directions for some of our most visible and impactful product areas. The innovation that you and the team bring to market will have a measurable impact on expanding InVision’s addressable market and drive the growth and success of the InVision platform.
You will act as a senior design leader who drives strategy and inspiration across multiple product areas, all with the goal of continuing to build the future of a collaborative platform critical to InVision’s strategy. The pandemic has sped up digital transformation across so many companies that now we are at the dawn of a new era. Creating great digital experiences demands collaboration at a whole new scale – it’s the work of the entire company, not just one team. In partnership with Design, Product and Engineering peers, you will lead the team to create a workspace that catalyzes creative collaboration, creative thinking, and creative energy across teams and organizations.
What we’re looking for:
- You consistently create high-fidelity visual aids that promote the future direction of the business, and your creative ideas will inspire future facing roadmaps.
- You take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and desirable customer experiences that are impactful for our business.
- You’re a systems thinker, approaching each problem by considering how the elements in the experience interact with one another across multiple workflows.
- You take complex problems and scenarios and turn them into simple, easily understandable experiences.
- You easily work with cross-functional leaders to establish systems, rules, practices, and guidelines that benefit and facilitate work for the entire organization.
- Your work will drive innovation and elevate the product experience by designing flows and interfaces that are delightful, simple, and effective.
- You contribute to high-level strategic direction with your Product and Engineering partners, as well as Design peers.
- You work closely with designers, product managers, engineering, marketing, and leadership in a highly collaborative environment.
- You give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the design of digital products that have been released to the market, with a proven track record of success
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement
- You balance intuition with rigor and use your powers in craft to make and to drive influence within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act with speed and precision to identify and deliver the tactical pieces that realize it
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches and methodologies
- Proactive initiative that identifies problems and acts on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines that drive change
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently
Please note: Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this role.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer are locally competitive and comprehensive. InVision-wide benefits include a flexible vacation policy, monthly spending card, annual allowances for books related to your profession, home office setup, and wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.