- 14 applicants (21%)
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept:
Joining our small design team means you’ll be working on a diverse range of projects with the opportunity to choose your own path, take ownership, and make a big impact. As we revolutionize the way people manage their expenses, being part of the Expensify team means designing the easiest, most efficient, and most beautiful platform to handle everything expense-related.
Our employees work from all over the world, but if you’re looking for a change of scenery we offer visa sponsorship and relocation assistance to join us at one of our rad locations:
- San Francisco
- New York
- And more to come!
Even though we work hard at Expensify, we make sure our employees are happy. Our most talked about perk is our Offshore where we spend a month abroad working from a remote location as a team. Next year we’re going to South Korea, do you want to join?
We’re looking for Product Designers who operate at the intersection of product functionality and brand feeling. You’re obsessive over the small details, but you enjoy solving big-picture problems to help push our strategic roadmap forward—all while maintaining the highest level of design delight in our product. You’re a systems-based thinker who likes developing clean and consistent UI patterns, and you’re also a generalist who loves working on the marketing design side of the role as well.
As a Product Designer your responsibilities include:
- Working with our product and engineering teams to plan, design, and build new features and functionality
- Materially contributing to product roadmap decisions by balancing our company vision and business objectives against customer requirements
- Building, documenting, and maintaining our product design system in Figma, and working closely with our engineering team to make it come to life in our product
- Taking ownership over the product to push for the highest level of quality: no bug is too small to squash
- Designing and developing Expensify's visual brand
- Completing marketing design tasks like collateral, events, and promotions
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a high level of proficiency in Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Has experience designing, building, and shipping end-to-end user flows
- Is comfortable working on front end issues and has a strong grasp of HTML and CSS basics
- Has a solid portfolio with an emphasis on product design
- Has a passion for detail, and an excellent use of type and layout in both digital and print
- Can effectively communicate ideas to teammates through mockups, prototypes, and concise written communication
- Is independently driven and comfortable working on projects autonomously
- Is capable of efficiently prioritizing multiple tasks across multiple teams
- Is a problem-solver and question-asker with a positive attitude
- Has a desire to learn and grow outside of their comfort zone
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time, salaried position
- 401k with 4.5% employer match
- 100% Medical/Dental/Mental Health support/Vision contributions
- Three months of fully paid parental leave, with up to six months for birthing parents
- Fully paid medical leave
- Commuter benefits (if applicable)
- $20 to spend on lunch daily
- Flexible vacation policy
- Relocation available
Applying is easy, but it takes time. See, while we know you're awesome, it's actually really hard and time consuming to find you in the midst of literally hundreds of other applications we get from everyone else. So this is where we're going to ask our first favor: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you? There are probably many ways to do that, but the easiest way to help us out is by answering the following questions:
- Please include a link to your portfolio (or include it here). If you don’t have one, why not?
- What's your design history? When did you start, and what have you done between then and now?
- What do you want to do with the rest of your life, and how is Expensify a step toward your long-term goals? ( We’re serious, we want to know! Share what you’re comfortable sharing, but we are a group of ambitious individuals building a community of people who want to achieve success in every aspect of our lives, and we encourage employees to figure out how they can use Expensify to realize their personal goals with the support of the company around them.)
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
Resume not your thing? That’s great, we don’t really read them anyway! Forward your responses to the questions to email@example.com. We're excited to hear from you!