- 9 applicants (31%)
Product Designer – Fully Remote
Electric vehicle sales are surging – over half of new cars sold as of 2030 globally are predicted to be electric. But one of the most challenging elements of owning an electric vehicle is its charging and that’s where we come in.
We set up in 2018 to make EV charging simple, green and low cost for drivers, to encourage EV adoption and reduce carbon emissions from transport. Core to our platform is a proprietary smart-charging algorithm, dynamically aligning charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%. We’ve so far secured over 13 million USD in funding, have over 100k drivers using our app, and were named ‘Best Energy Startup in the World’ when we won the Free Electrons programme.
To achieve all of this, we gathered a great team bringing expertise from their previous roles at National Grid, Bulb, BBOX, Powervault, BCG, Starling, and more. We’re now over 70 people working fully remotely across Europe and North America, and pride ourselves on our inclusive and collaborative culture.
We’re aiming to have over a million drivers using our product, and we’re looking for even more talented and passionate folk to join our mission.
- Our Driver team is looking for a hands-on, self-motivated Product Designer to work on our solar product.
- We’ve developed our solar feature to the point of MVP stage – we’re now ready to progress to full development and feature expansion. Launching this product will forge new partnerships that will help us reach hundreds of thousands of customers. This is an exciting time to join a small but rapidly growing team where you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the product development process.
- As our Product Designer, you will be responsible for designing and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. Deliverables include design mockups, prototyping, production of visual assets and importantly, the documentation required for proper implementation.
- As a key part of our design team you’ll flourish in a dynamic start-up environment and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines. You’ll be a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator.
- You have a keen eye for details and aesthetics, but your strengths lie in distilling complex issues and data, breaking them down into iterations and translating them into clean, simple solutions. You must be a self-starter, able to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
What will you do?
- Design and ship new features end-to-end and drive product improvements
- Tackle ambiguous design problems
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers and your design peers
- Create, collaborate and iterate on design work, from concept to high-fidelity
- Translate data-heavy screens into user-friendly interactions
- Build a product that our users love
What are we looking for?
- A strong command of visual and communication design principles
- Fluid written and spoken English, to collaborate with peers across the company
- Confidence and skill with Figma, our main design tool
- Ability to design app experiences from start to finish
- Familiarity with the product development process
- Clear and careful annotation skills
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are highly logical, detail-oriented and actively demonstrate that you care about great usability
- Are able to function independently and in a team, with excellent collaboration skills
- Consider research and validation a key part of product design
- Have worked with highly technical products in previous roles
- Have an interest in sustainability, green tech or electric vehicle
- Have worked with cross-functional teams of engineers and product managers in the past
You don’t need to:
- Be a master at every design discipline and tool ever invented
- Have a website – PDF’s or notion pages with case studies including process breakdowns and impact of your work will be fine
- Have a professional qualification
- Know how to code (but knowing how developers work is key)
- Have a specific number of years of experience – but you should be able to demonstrate real-world experience with cross-functional teams building complex products
How will we support you?
- Remote working, investing in your home office setup or a co-working location convenient for you
- Access to conferences, meet-ups and training
- A top of the range Macbook Pro and all you need to do your best work
- A structured career progression framework and advancement opportunities
- Fully-loaded benefits including health, dental, vision, life and 401(k)
- Paid parental leave
- Generous equity in the company, with options to earn more shares as you progress
- Quarterly team meet-ups, to collaborate and have fun in person!
If you don’t have all of the requirements but you’re really interested in what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants regardless of their background or years of experience.
We have a transparent salary and progression framework. The salary range is £53,000 – £69,000 depending on how we assess you against our framework during interviews.