- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Full time
Cloudsmith is looking for an exceptional Product Designer to join our product team.
Reporting to our VP of Product, you will continuously collaborate with product and engineering – from discovery to delivery to iteration – to ensure we deliver valuable and usable products to our customers. You understand that user experience extends beyond the application, and includes all touchpoints and interactions a customer has with Cloudsmith.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the product design process within a specific product area – from research and ideation to detailed interaction design. You’ll help ensure we deliver user-friendly and user-focused experiences to our customers that work for our business.
- Collaborate with a product to ensure a full understanding of the problems we are trying to solve, the users we are solving them for, and the larger product vision
- Communicate with engineering to ensure we design feasible solutions that take into account technical constraints
- Leverage low-fidelity sketches all the way through to prototypes to test ideas and collaborate with teammates and customers throughout the design process.
- Focus on using your design superpower to help us build usable, valuable products and take opportunities to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop.
- Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset – stating hypotheses, testing, learning, and adapting.
- Conduct user interviews and guide usability tests within your product area.
- Conduct design reviews and confidently communicate decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and partner with engineering to handoff designs, provide specifications, and quality assurance support through to launch.
- 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Experience designing and evolving web-based services and/or application software in a fast-past environment
- Experience collaborating with engineers and product managers to deliver software
- Can share a portfolio that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Excellent interaction and visual design skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in designing for business and developer-focused products
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in the field of Human-Computer Interaction is nice to have.
In short, your qualities
- Gets Things Done.
- An Awesome Human Being.
For excellent candidates like you, expect an incredible opportunity and compensation:
- Extremely competitive salary
- Share options! Own a piece of Cloudsmith
- 35 days annual leave (incl. public holidays), plus 10 days full sick pay
- Flexible working policies
- Private health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Income protection
- Great pension contributions
- Budget for getting setup (£3k to include a powerful laptop)
- Extra perks, like free conference days, or support for additional self-learning (e.g. AWS certs)
About The Location
We’re based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, but like us and the entire team right now, *you’ll probably be fully remote, although our preference is for you to be within 1-2 time zones of UTC.*
We’re an equal opportunities employer who does not discriminate against age, sex, gender, pronouns, race, disability, pregnancy, marital or parental status, political ideology, creed, sexual orientation, or religious background, etc. Your ability and passion are infinitely more important to us.