- 29 applicants
Carry1st develops and publishes enriching mobile games and content apps for African consumers. We are on a mission to scale amazing content for Africa by tackling challenging problems head-on. Our Pay1st team specializes in creating cutting-edge payment solutions for game publishers and games studios. If you have an eye for design innovation and a love for payments, we’d love to have you on board!
As our Product Designer, Pay1st, you will be responsible for designing for our publisher partner-facing payments ecosystem, Pay1st. Pay1st is Carry1st’s B2B proposition that enables games publishers and games studios to deliver local payment methods to gamers in Africa.
On any given day you will…
- Conduct user research, competitor analysis, and usability tests to gain insights and inform design decisions and iterative improvements for our payment solutions and transactions console
- Create wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity designs that clearly communicate a seamless user-centred experience. Considering Information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and accessibility is a must.
- Own End-to-End Design of the Pay1st Partner Experience – this includes partner-facing products like the Pay1st Merchant Console, Pay1st API documentation and Publishing Tools
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to gather insights, define product requirements, and advocate for user-centred design principles and best practices
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a robust design system that promotes consistency, efficiency, and scalability across multiple products and platforms
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3+ years of product design experience – ideally in payments or merchant-facing UI (or both!)
- A design portfolio focused on fintech and payments with a strong preference for merchant-facing payments products such as payments consoles, checkout experiences and API/SDK docs
- Experience developing both Mobile-web and Native solutions for users
- Proficiency in Figma. Bonus points for Zeplin, Miro, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Ability to communicate design intent through wireframes, prototypes, and hi-fidelity screens
- You believe in the power of data-driven design and demonstrate cultural sensitivity and an understanding of diverse user segments within Africa
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile but deeply collaborative start-up culture where managing multiple projects and adapting to changing requirements/feedback/timelines is the norm
- Bonus points if you have experience working in Africa, Middle East or emerging markets
- Big Bonus if you are a gamer and love games
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 25+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimize your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates