Product Design Manager
- USA Only
Bennie is an employee benefits platform that helps companies create a healthier workplace. Our goal is to provide high-quality company benefits through an engaging platform while empowering employees to leverage their benefit options easily and effectively.
At Bennie, we’re creating an environment where our people can learn, thrive, and move our mission forward. Our team is fully remote across the United States, and we also have offices in Stamford, CT, and downtown Manhattan. Our Bennie team owns our company and our culture. We prize diversity of thought and expertise within our team—and we’re always looking for amazing people to help us do and be more.
The Bennie Product and Design Team's mission is to provide a better employee benefits experience. We want to simplify the way employees understand, access, and utilize their benefits – which is why we built the Bennie app for our customers.
About the role:
You’ll lead a team of talented product designers, providing direction, mentorship, and facilitating cross-functional partnerships. You’ll empower your designers to make day-to-day decisions while maintaining a holistic vision of various team initiatives and assist in driving towards execution. Your role is to establish and pursue Bennie’s design vision across its existing and new product lines.
Day to Day:
- Partner with leaders across disciplines to make customer-centric ideas a reality
- Make design decisions based on a deep understanding of Bennie’s customer and business needs
- Define and promote best practices in the design process, and facilitate team ceremonies such as design critiques or stakeholder reviews
- Build partnerships with members across departments and participate closely in the co-creation of a long-term vision and strategic roadmap
- Work to ensure a cohesive user experience across multiple customer journey touch-points
- Grow and develop a geographically distributed design team, cultivating their skills and careers
- Lead by example and get involved in design work when needed
- 5+ years of product design experience as well as people management experience
- Proven track record of shipping impactful product enhancements and leading designers
- Experience in turning complex ideas and flows into user-centered, intuitive, and beautifully executed solutions that delight customers and move metrics
- Deep understanding of the product design process
- Solid organization and planning skills, and an eye for detail
- Combine quantitative and qualitative data to form actionable insights
- Open to feedback and new ideas, personal improvement, always raising the bar
We believe in comprehensive benefits and perks that provide total wellness solutions. We offer excellent healthcare choices, and lots of other great perks!
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-First, work from anywhere
- 401(k) plan
- Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bennie, we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.