In 2020, Mistplay was ranked as the 3rd fastest growing technology company in Canada, and 16th in all of North America*. We are the #1 Loyalty Program for mobile gamers - with over 16 million users worldwide. Players use our platform to discover games, connect with friends, and earn awesome rewards.
Using a modern tech stack (including Node.js, Python, Kotlin, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes), our engineering team solves challenging problems in a distributed, cloud-hosted environment, all at scale. We pride ourselves in constantly learning and adapting while delivering features that bring tangible business value. Growth is in our DNA. We’re keen to improve on our skills through peer mentorship programs, constantly seeking feedback, and company sponsored training courses.
Mistplay is looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do, hungry to learn, and excited to solve the next challenge in a scalable, maintainable and performant manner. As part of our team, you will have the chance to make a significant impact on the product and bring in your experience to help shape our growth. We want your voice to matter. Join us as we continue to level up!
We are actively looking to grow our Product Design team, with the addition of a Product Designer on a remote basis, or on-site if you are near Montreal or would like to relocate.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain and further develop UI and UX of the Mistplay App and its variants.
- Maintain and further develop UI and UX of Mistplay Studios games, the Loyalty play SDK and all future Mistplay products.
- Plan and implement new design features while optimizing existing user interface designs.
- Conduct competitor research and analysis reports
- Prepare Design Specs.
- Ideate on wireframes based on A/B test results
- Perform UX and UI research and run focus studies
- Identify and address new product improvement opportunities
- Ideate on, create and develop original frameworks for all Mistplay products and verticals
- Execute professional and thoughtful designs that push the boundaries of Mistplay's user experience
- Train junior-mid level graphic designers and UX/UI designers in user experience fundamentals
- Lead projects from initial concept through final execution by keeping track of cost and time
- Act as a leading member in special projects such as the creation of special tools or new features
- Independently conduct user research through internal and external tests
- Independently keep a pulse on the market and competition with research reports
- Work cross-functionally with developers, engineers, designers and product managers to ensure alignment with company KPIs
- Establish lines of communication between verticals and fellow product designers to facilitate task assignment and create relationships
- Set up whiteboarding sessions with other designers to continuously ideate and improve
- Staying professionally up to date on current product design trends using inspiration and mood boards such as dribbble, pinterest, behance, etc.
- Validate one's pitches and ideas against the competition, providing marketing analyses where necessary
- Maintain a healthy mentorship relationship with the work of juniors and mid-level designers through thoughtful critique, accepting critique with similar humility
- Accept mentorship and critique from leads and senior II
- Maintain clean and transferable source files and deliverables
- Maintain a clear versioning structure to support changes and critique
- Organize, archive and keep all job files up to date
- Overseeing all assigned product design projects, from conception to delivery, critiquing and innovating throughout
- Reviewing junior-mid designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Spearhead strategy for new product directions and tests Liaise with data and engineers to ensure feasibility and results.
- Identify issues and conflicts within the team, providing insight when necessary
- Develop high-impact ideas for future plans
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role
- Demonstrated portfolio of UX/UI work and use cases
- Knowledge of design tools and software (Figma, Adobe Suite)
- BSc, BFA or BA in Design, Computational Arts or relevant field
- 1 or more years of designing B2B interfaces
We work hard to make our work atmosphere as inviting and fun as possible! Working at Mistplay is coupled with a whole array of perks that we've adopted virtually and in-person: Team Lunches, game nights, company-wide events, and so much more.
Our culture is deeply rooted in growth and upheld by a team of smart, dynamic, and enthusiastic people. We utilize data to constantly learn, improve, and adapt. We foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, push boundaries, take calculated risks, and witness their visions come to life.
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to meet you!