Product Design Apprentice
Upperstudy is a product design apprenticeship program for early-career designers who want to work at fast-growing startups. You'll develop experience, skills, and receive hand-in-hand support from experienced mentors as you gain access to breakout design roles. Here's what past apprentices have to say:
- "Upperstudy gave me experiences that I wouldn’t have found anywhere else and skills that extend beyond product design. Highly recommend it to anyone who’s trying to level up their craft and career." - Liam, designer at Vanta
- "I'm so glad Upperstudy took a chance on me — I've learned an insane amount and I know it shows." - Christina, designer at Stream Club
- "I've grown so much over my time at Upperstudy, and I'm positive I'll look back and think this was the most accelerated growth of my career. My communication, design process, visual design/craft skills, product thinking, and pretty much every other skill have grown so much!" - Meghan, designer at Best Practicer
- "I’m amazed by the progress I achieved while being supported by mentors and designers Upperstudy. It’s a unique opportunity to learn and grow much faster into a more confident and mature designer." - Alina, designer at Sanlo
About the Role
You'll work as designer with fast-growing startups. You'll collaborate closely with founders, PMs, engineers, and other teammates to design and ship digital products from start to finish. You'll receive mentorship, community, and support day-to-day as you do things like:
- Discuss product direction and strategy while kicking off a new project
- Create a prototype for a new feature concept
- Design interface components and update the design system
- Help an engineer fine-tune an detailed interaction animation
- Talk to users about to discover new insights and opportunities
- Jam with other designers at Upperstudy on their work
We're looking for designers early in their career who are interested in being a product designer at fast growing early-stage technology startups.
You have some professional design experience, like a junior role or several internships, but want to level up. You're familiar with the basics of designing user experiences and interfaces, and solving customer and business problems.
You want to have significant impact and ownership, and collaborate closely with a team to craft products that people love. You're driven, curious, and motivated to grow your skills, community, and career.
Apprenticeship roles at Upperstudy are paid, full-time, and US remote for US citizens or permanent residents over 18 years old.
If you're interested in this role, please apply here to learn more.