Principal Product Designer
Federato Technologies is a venture-backed high-growth company based in Menlo Park, CA. We are looking for a UI Designer to augment our thriving team. As a UI Designer, you’ll concept and design user experiences across the Federato platform. You’ll have the opportunity to create new features, refine existing experiences, and influence the direction of the product moving forward. We move quickly to solve a wide range of complex product challenges with emphasis on end-user experience in the world of commercial underwriting.
An entirely different kind of InsurTech, Federato sells a SaaS based solution that can be characterized as an Intelligent Underwriting Workbench. Designed by spending over 1250 hours with users, it solves the core problems that plague underwriting today. Our platform aids underwriters in making better decisions enhances their productivity and delivers improved business outcomes, all while increasing job satisfaction with beautiful user experience.
Our founding team has extensive experience in building, researching, and selling machine learning products and came together in search of a product that could leverage these skills for positive impact. We’ve set out to build software that works to address the generation-defining issue of economic inequality in the face of climate change. We are running head first at the $150B+ coverage gap that faces the insurance industry as increasingly frequent and severe weather events challenge the status quo in commercial underwriting.
- As a UI Designer at Federato, you’ll define, prototype, and design new features and product improvements across the platform
- Create beautiful UI designs, features, and interactions that address specific user needs
- Advocate for the user and drive product design ideas that improve overall user experience
- Partner closely with founders, engineers, and designers to define and implement new features and offerings for customers
- Visually demonstrate product direction by producing mockups, wireframes, and visuals that guide a highly productive team of engineers
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- 4-10 years of professional design experience, preferably at fast-paced startups
- Portfolio link with examples of previous UI Design work
- Strong knowledge and experience with user-centered design processes
- Experience iterating with engineers and other team members on both visual and UX designs
- Highly organized and self-sufficient, with the ability to work autonomously and take ownership of end-to-end designs and product features
- Great presentation, collaboration, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in FinTech/InsurTech
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environments
- Experience building design systems and managing UI pattern libraries
- Strong understanding of technical limitations and workflow for building reactive web interfaces (CSS/HTML/JSReact)
Full-time located in the US
Flexible location, but must be near a major airport and willing to travel
Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance options in addition to 401K