Principal Product Designer
- USA Only
Bubbles eliminates the need to have live meetings by enabling effective asynchronous collaboration. Rather than being in zoom all day, or having to convey complex problems over email or slack, bubbles lets you work on your own time and at your own pace. Our intuitive way of collaborating with highly contextual screen recordings, face videos, and audio messages creates joyful and effective conversations.
Inherent product loop
Bubbles' collaborative workflow creates a highly viral product loop that requires no sign-up. We have strong organic growth and recently closed a multi-million dollar funding round with multiple tier 1 VC firms.
As Principal Product Designer you own the solution space: what does the future of asynchronous collaboration look like? You will:
- Work with product managers to learn about problem statements from user research
- Come up with hypotheses on how we might solve for these problems
- Ideate on solutions that implement these hypotheses (we love crazy 8s)
- Create high fidelity product designs in Figma
- Prototype these designs and validate them with usability tests
- Work directly with engineers to turn validated designs into reality
- Design the look and feel of an amazing brand that continuously "wows" users
You'll be a founding team member with ownership in the company. You'll play a vital role in a world class team that's changing the way the world collaborates.
Who you are
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a highly motivated self starter who wants to be a critical part of a startup's founding team and is excited to grow with the company
- Can work with distributed teammates and understand the communication patterns of working within a remote-first team, including the importance of relationship building
- Has strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, especially with PMs, engineers, and marketing
- Believes in a methodical approach towards design, from understanding problem statements to ideating on hypotheses and validating those
- Believes in keeping it super simple ( KISS )
- Has 4+ years of experience in product design
- Has a strong aesthetic sense and understands what memorable brands look like
What you'll do..
- Own the solution space — how are our users' problems solved and what do we release?
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineers, and marketing
- Talk to our users and understand their pain points
- Design and shape the UX and UI of Bubbles to ultimately arrive at a zero friction collaborative experience , examples include
- The recording of quick face clips to effectively go back and forth and avoid zoom calls
- An intuitive nonboarding experience
- An effective product loop, where viewers become creators and creators invite more viewers. Think CCing, tagging, sharing, and more
- A native bubbles application that allows users to capture anything anywhere
- A super easy way to share bubbles and integrate it with Slack, Jira, etc.
- A great management and organization experience for teams, think folders, tags, permissions and roles, etc.
- Design prototypes in Figma as a means to explore and convey your design solutions and do usability testing with tools like Maze.co
Be audacious We push each other to think big and take risks.
Do what it takes Shifting the way the world works takes conviction and persistence. We are committed to taking ownership and going the extra mile to achieve our vision.
Lead with first-principles Uncovering the right “why” helps us build the right solutions. We tackle problems by methodically breaking them down to their most essential parts.
Lean into conflict with compassion We value direct feedback. We have the courage to work through disagreements. But we approach conflict with humility and empathy.
Foster async-first collaboration We do our best work when we collaborate without ego. We help our team members be impactful -- no matter where they may live or how they may work.
Our design principles
Empowering first experiences through non-boarding. We believe in non- boarding by experiencing the superpowers of async collaboration through an intuitive first experience
A simplistic approach and visual style. We don't believe in bells and whistles. We believe in pillar features that make you get work done
One experience. Across all platforms, devices and domains that make use of familiar conventions while still being own-able and delightful
Build the right things, the right way. Clearly define problems before getting into solution mode, by communicating often and clearly with users, teammates, and ourselves. Make small decisions based on user research, and big decisions with vision
Surround yourself with amazing people
In addition to a strong founding team with veteran startup people, you'll have access to amazing investors and advisors. The founder (Tom Medema) has previously scaled a startup from 0 to 130 employees with tens of millions in ARR. Our Head of Engineering was the former Principal Architect at Serverless.com. Our (fractional) Head of Marketing previously led organic and growth marketing at Gusto and led creative strategy at Medium.
Some of our investors include Craft Ventures (David Sacks, founder Yammer), Naval Ravikant (CEO Angellist), Todd Goldberg & Rahul Vohra (founder Superhuman), Weekend Fund (Ryan Hoover, founder Product Hunt), Shrug VC, Work Life Ventures (Brianne Kimmel), Jeff Morris Jr., Jack Altman (CEO Lattice), and more. We'll soon be adding two more tier 1 firms to the list!
Bubbles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Be sure to mention the words ADDRESS TEST HEDGEHOG when applying to show you read the job post completely.
Salary and compensation
$160,000 — $200,000/year
Remote within USA