- USA Only
- 30 applicants
time type Full time
job requisition id P743361
About the team
Zillow is building a world-class creative organization that drives the vision and development of compelling Brand, B2C and B2B communications for all customer touchpoints in the U.S. As a brand, Zillow brought transparency to the real estate market 15+ years ago by allowing buyers and sellers to see the value of every homeand we are reinventing the industry again. Today, we’re going beyond search and find and helping our customers get home by connecting them to Premier Agents, Zillow Home Loans, and new tools and resources that make it easier for them to get the home of their dreams, whether they’re buying or renting.
This team is responsible for delivering relevant and engaging experiences for our customers and partners through understanding the business and delivering compelling creative ideas and content across all mediums, including integrated campaigns and channel specific content, activations and experiences. If your passion is to make great work for a beloved brand that moves people, we’d love to talk with you.
About the role
Zillow is seeking a Photo Editor to join its growing in-house agency, StudioZ. As part of the photo team you will work closely with the content, creative and production teams as well as internal and external partners to envision and produce engaging, original and on-brand photographic solutions. This position requires a passion for photography and a keen eye for curating imagery that is fresh and inspiring from a variety of sources.
In this role you’ll be a key player in bringing our visual stories to life – collaborating across teams to support a multitude of projects without losing sight of the big creative picture or the smallest detail. Strong communication skills as well as a self-motivated focus are essential as you curate and edit imagery, ensuring it meets our brand specifications and delivers on our marketing and design needs.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Curate imagery that tells our brand story across all touchpoints
- Retouch and edit photographs according to Zillow brand specifications
- In-depth photo research drawing on stock as well as licensed imagery
- Consistently and efficiently deliver on-brand imagery maintaining quality even with quick turnaround
- Able to clearly articulate vision and approach while folding in feedback and direction
- Identify new sources of photography for Zillow to deliver on strategy (including photographers, social, UGC, and more)
- Work within various asset management tools and systems to ensure team workflow optimization
- Review photography from external shoots, considering aesthetics, sequencing and narrative
- Knowledge of contracts, usage rights, photo licensing and copyright
- Collaborate on Image library development from photo selection to metadata and organization
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom with strong retouching and color correction skills
- Continually expanding knowledge of evolving image-based technologies like AI for photo solutions.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. Remote employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $77,800.00 – $124,200.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- 3+ years of photo-editing experience with a consumer brand, top editorial publication or advertising agency.
- Understanding of photography and design principles, with a desire to elevate all content created
- Knowledge of the photography industry including photo production, retouching, and digital asset management and workflow.
- Self-motivated and collaborative – values working with a team and independently
- Bring an innovative perspective to every project, considering unexpected approaches
- Resourceful and able to prioritize many projects at once in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A strategic problem solver – you embrace challenges and work to solve creative problems in thoughtful, efficient ways.
- Approach projects with positive forward-thinking solutions, along with a sense of humor.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organizationfrom individual contributors to executive staff
- Value feedback as a critical means for personal and professional growth
- Are comfortable with remote based work and design collaboration
- Interest in and passion for real estate, communities and cities is a plus
- Looking to join a collaborative team that demands excellence, celebrates ideas over egos and likes each other as much as they enjoy their job
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make home a reality for more and more people.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do helps people get home and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making home a reality for more and more people.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep- rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverages as well as parental leave, family benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected].
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non- competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.