- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
For 65 years, Uniting Voices Chicago (formerly Chicago Children’s Choir) has united and empowered youth from diverse backgrounds to find their voice and celebrate their common humanity through the power of music. What began as a small choir in Hyde Park born at the dawn of the Civil Rights Movement to foster racial understanding has since grown into a nonprofit with an international footprint that is Chicago’s premier arts education and performance organization. Uniting Voices serves young people ages 6 through 18 from every zip code of Chicago through a vast network of school and after- school programs.
Uniting Voices provides transformative programs through partnerships with over 80 schools, 12 community-based after-school music programs, Dimension, an ensemble for singers with changing or changed voices, and the world-renowned Voice of Chicago ensemble. As a national and international touring ensemble, Uniting Voices has performed for dignitaries such as former President Barack Obama, Nelson Mandela and former Chinese President Hu Jintao and with artists such as Chance the Rapper, Yo-Yo Ma, Andrea Bocelli, Beyonce and Celine Dion.
Uniting Voices is a civic treasure and model for culturally responsive music education. One hundred percent of youth access its programming free of charge or at a subsidized rate and 100 percent of high school seniors graduate.
The Multimedia Designer plays an instrumental role in the evolution of the Uniting Voices brand as the organization’s programming and impact continue to grow. The Multimedia Designer develops a wide range of communication and marketing assets including campaign concepts, printed materials, presentations and new media. As the core facilitator of brand aesthetics across the organization, the Multimedia Designer collaborates across departments to generate compelling visual assets to achieve success against strategic priorities. The ideal candidate has a spirit of innovation and exceptional commitment to excellence.
- Produces audience-focused, accessible and highest quality work that reflects the Uniting Voices brand.
- Designs and implements projects across a range of mediums and focus areas, including concerts, fundraising campaigns, recruitment initiatives, institutional reports, published content and curriculum, community engagement programs, etc.
- Coordinate across teams to achieve artistic and programmatic priorities, leveraging creative visual deliverables to amplify impact, including but not limited to concert visuals, album covers, merchandise/uniforms, etc.
- Creates infographics and other visual elements to tell compelling stories and to communicate complex concepts efficiently.
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing to maintain and evolve the Uniting Voices brand and coach stakeholders in producing on-brand materials
- Stays abreast of current trends, principles of, and professional standards for branding, layout, typography, color usage, photography / illustration usage, and creative graphic design.
- Manages projects from concept to completion as required, including meeting with colleagues, establishing goals, collaborating on timelines and communicating progress.
- Liaises with production vendors to ensure projects are on-time, on-budget and meet quality standards.
- Manages and organizes all photography and video files.
- Attend and support Uniting Voices concerts and events.
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- 2-5 years of direct experience in design or a related creative discipline
- Strong Adobe Creative Cloud skills, with a particular focus on InDesign, Photoshop, andIllustrator
- Multimedia skills, including video editing, animation and HTML preferred but not required
- Comfort in Google Suite, including the ability to design assets for use in Docs and Slides
- Understanding of print, digital and animated asset production
- Thrives in a fast paced, mission-driven environment
- Ability to flexibly shift between collaboration and autonomy
- Passionate about arts education and youth development
What it's like to work at Uniting Voices Chicago
Sincerely, we’re a family. We get it done while having fun. At Uniting Voices Chicago, we’re all working toward a colorful, peaceful, equitable future—and that feels good. We share a passion for music and the vast potential of young people.In addition to work you can believe in, Uniting Voices Chicago offers the following perks:
- Unlimited paid time off, including state holidays and a company-wide two week winter break.
- Half-day Fridays out of respect for the work we do on evenings and weekends.
- A choice of health insurance options with 70 percent of medical and dental premiums covered.We also offer vision plans, short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
- A retirement plan with matched contributions up to 3 percent after a year of employment. We’re invested in your future!
- A pre-tax commuter program that allows you to save on public transportation and parking.
- Discounts and complimentary tickets to performances and events at Chicago’s top cultural institutions.
“OTR” LIFE EXPERIENCE: We know that many of your most character-building experiences — where resilience, grit and grace were required to persevere — do not show up neatly on a resume. So, we want to hear some of those “OTR” (“off the resume”) moments for you. In order to be on the Uniting Voices team, EQ (Emotional Intelligence) is not a nice-to-have...it’s a must. So, show us your EQ.
A NOT-SO-FUN FACT: We know research tells us that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and people of color tend to only apply when they feel they’ve checked every single box. If you are unsure that you’ve checked every box above, but you think you have what it takes to enhance Uniting Voices as we grow our team, we want to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter and references to jobs@/unitingvoiceschicago.org, with the job title in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Uniting Voices Chicago is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, disability, or veteran status in admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.