- 35 applicants (51%)
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is the leading voice and authority in the ever-evolving space of health information, wherever it is found—the underpinning of personal and community well-being as well as research and healthcare innovation. While our history as educators and advocates for health data and information reaches back to 1928, our focus is on forecasting and shaping the future of both healthcare and our own business.
We are looking for a Multimedia Designer to be a part of the team.
The Multimedia Designer is part of the marketing operations team, but works as an individual contributor and will serve as the go-to for all things digital related to graphics and ensure the brand is being represented clearly, consistently through our organizational brand standards, both online and in print media.
The person in this role will contribute to the creation, distribution, and maintenance of the brand handbook, provide brand assets and graphics tools and templates that can be used freely throughout the organization ensuring usage and tone is compliant. This will include digital assets such as videos, animation, website, marketing collateral (whitepapers, one-pagers, brochures, invitations, infographics, research reports, tradeshow materials and displays), PowerPoint presentations, exhibit design, email campaigns, advertising, and social media posts.
This role ensures the AHIMA brand gets taken to the next level and serves as the association standard by which other associations deem as excellent. Design quality and aesthetics must be second to none.
The ideal candidate will create innovative designs that are consistent with the company’s approved guidelines, including attention to trademark and copyright issues. The person in the role will also share best practices in design and delivery principles required for internal and external marketing initiatives as part of the overall online and offline synchronization and creation of the digital experience of the AHIMA brand.
They must have an eye for usability and a mindset to drive conversions to increase awareness, engagement, and action for our audiences, an understanding of search engine optimization, and how graphics elements contribute to first page ranking in organic and paid search.
When it comes down to day-to-day graphic needs, we need someone who gets corporate branding and design, and can churn out anything from a PowerPoint to an email template to a prospectus to a motion animation video.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we’d like to invite you to continue to read below and apply!
- Create graphic and web design support of online and offline projects, by creating brand portfolios, scaling the brand according to the appropriate channel (i.e. conference, email, social, websites, etc.). (35%)
- Increase the use of video and animation as part of the digital experience. (25%)
- Key stakeholder in digital experience rebrand including a brand audit, website digital experience and branded templates for each product area. (25%)
- Responsible for website graphic brand updates and promotional maintenance, which includes ensuring brand guidelines (trademark, copyrights) are visually represented and adhered. (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, visual communications, multi-media or related fields required.
- Minimum 5 years graphic and web design either inhouse or with an advertising agency.
- Must have experience with video and able to create videos frequently of various lengths and post them with appropriate title and meta tags to increase SEO strength.
- Collaborates with marketing communications team to tell compelling story to audience.
- Able to interpret and present complicated concepts in a visually appealing and clear manner.
- Experience with timeline-based video editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro or comparable as well as creating and recording video tutorials and presentations directly via screencast, or via a direct recording plug-in to Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Understands how to incorporate audio or other multimedia recordings using a variety of effects in Camtasia or comparable software.
- Experience with Graphic design for multiple channels, particularly emails (in Hubspot or Microsoft Dynamics preferred) with strong design, layout and aesthetic acumen.
- Proficient with graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Experience in marketing automation platform with landing page and design elements.
AHIMA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental health disability, or protected veteran status.
Learn More About the Industry We Serve
Health information and data professionals work at the intersection of healthcare, technology, and business. While patients don’t often see them on their healthcare journeys, these professionals see patients in a way no other healthcare professional does. They see patients’ sensitive health stories. Health information professionals understand that health information is human information, and ensure that it remains accurate, accessible, protected, and complete—at all times.