Mid-level UX Designer
- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) ART (UTC -3) UTC -4 UTC -4:30 UTC -3 UTC -2 SBT (UTC +11) GMT (UTC +0) CET (UTC +1) EET (UTC +2) MSK (UTC +3)
Thanks for your interest in the Senior UX Designer position at Vaan!
A little background:
Hi there! Let's make this personal. My name is Xavier Armand and I am the co- founder and CEO of The Vaan Group (www.vaangroup.com): a remote UX design and technology agency with headquarters in NY. We’re looking to hire a Senior UX designer to join our team. Agency experience is preferred.
Our clients range from large e-commerce enterprises (>$100M per year) to successful mid-stage ($1M - $80 per year) direct to consumer e-commerce brands (these are the brands you’d be working with). You can see the full range client work/portfolio at our website.
We’re a realistic group, not looking for rockstar ninja wizards. Our team resides (or is working from) New York City, Warsaw, Berlin, Bergen, Seville, London, Punta Cana, Sao Paolo, Algiers, Dubai and Rotterdam.
On any given day, you might:
Kick-off a new e-commerce website design & development project by leading a design requirements and discovery meeting with a client
Work independently or collaboratively with team members to produce UX deliverables like: a website audit report; information architecture maps; personas, customer journey maps, wireframes; high-fidelity mockups; interactive prototypes, and design systems
- Perform user research such as card sorting exercises, usability testing, and user interviews/surveys
- Produce heuristic and competitive analysis reports for a web project
- Play a key role in a design review & feedback gathering session with a client and our project management team
- Work collaboratively with the product management team to design innovative solutions based on generated hypotheses. For example, improvements to the buy box experience on an eCommerce website.
- Work collaboratively with engineers from our team to communicate design specifications and requirements for a web project
- Support a client’s web project launch through things like: performing creative quality assurance and logging feedback tickets using our project/product management software, work with a client to help them get acclimated with their new CMS, and coordinating with our project management team to ensure all product requirements have been checked off before going live
The ideal person:
Understands the demands and expectations of a remote working culture - this one’s especially important to us!
Is comfortable working collaboratively with product management, project management, engineering, visual/product design, and other stakeholders, in a remote setting
- Is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and capable of thriving in a fast-paced role with limited supervision
- Has excellent organizational, presentation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Has experience leading and supporting multiple design projects at the same time
- Has experience leading and supporting e-commerce design projects from concept to launch
- Is comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative data to guide design decisions
- Has experience working with e-commerce, content, and other similar management systems, e.g. Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, etc.
- Is highly proficient using existing design tools, e.g. Figma, Framer, etc. and not afraid to learn new technologies
- Has experience creating high-fidelity interactive prototypes for internal and stakeholder review
- Is a team player and always willing to knowledge-share and contribute to the growth of the team
- 2+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar role
- 2+ years of experience designing for mobile, web and web-based devices
- Excellent UX, UI, and interaction design skills
- Fluency in best practices for web-based product design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- **Bonus - proficiency in interaction and animation design
Other things you should know:
Salary commensurate with experience
We offer 10 vacation days plus 20 PTO days
- We offer benefits such as employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, qualifying equipment stipends depending on where you’re located
- We offer an employee profit-sharing program
Please include a link to your portfolio or other samples of work with your application