Mid-level Brand Designer
Mode is seeking a talented Brand Designer with 3-5 years of experience in an agency environment, or similar, to join our growing team (in Charlotte or remotely). Our ideal candidate will be able to create original work across a variety of mediums, but with exceptional skills in visual identity and print design. They should be self-motivated, detail- oriented, collaborative, and passionate; driven to create exceptional work for brands over a range of industry categories.
The person in this role will be responsible for delivering original design concepts, while also maintaining the creative integrity, usability, and brand continuity for projects with existing visual standards. They will collaborate closely with other members of the creative team, as well as account leaders, producers, developers, animators, and our in-house content team to execute deliverables large and small. They should be able to thoughtfully discuss their decision-making, and also apply direction given by team leaders.
We will look to this person to bring their own unique perspective while welcoming collaboration and growth alongside the team. They should expect to build on ideas through thoughtful conversations and critiques, ultimately producing a stronger product with a diverse range of thinking. If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat.
Qualified candidates have:
- 3-5 years of design experience in an agency environment or equivalent
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of successful design solutions, with a special aptitude for visual identity and print design
- An enthusiastic and thoughtful approach to the work, and a commitment to make it exceptional
- The ability to take on large and small projects, executing them at a high level both creatively and efficiently
- The ability to verbally communicate ideas and concepts to a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Openness to learn about and work across a variety of mediums
- A desire to work collaboratively
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite and associated programs
- Experience and knowledge of the print production process, delivering press-ready files for printing
- Familiarity with current UI, digital standards, and practices, or a desire to learn them
- 5+ Weeks vacation per year (19 PTO days, 9 observed holidays)
- 100% Employee Medical Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with match
- Hybrid office provides options: remote, in-office, or both
- Continuing education support
- Summer Fridays
- Dog-friendly office
- Vibrant culture with strong work/life balance
How to apply:
This is a full-time local OR remote design position. An online or PDF portfolio is required for consideration.
To apply, please tell us a little about yourself, and submit a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DESIGN FOR MODE.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to respond to all applicants, but we will reach out if your portfolio and resume match the skills we’re looking for. No phone calls or visits, please. No recruiters.