Managing Editor, Hotels
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title:Managing Editor, Hotels | TPG
Red Ventures is looking for a Managing Editor, Hotels, who will be responsible for the hotel content strategy on ThePointsGuy.com.
This role will function as the lead for our plans to grow hotel content and make it easy for users to discover, choose and then seamlessly book the best property for themselves. The Managing Editor, Hotels, needs to think about the user path from search discovery, to site design and experience and finally to the ease of booking.
The Managing Editor, Hotels, will oversee the hotel-related publishing calendar, using search intent to help grow our audience. They will determine where our priorities should lie week-to-week and month-to-month to create a longer-term outlook for our hotel-related content based on a deep and wide- ranging knowledge of the hotel space. Proven research skills, detail-oriented editing and experience creating an efficient workflow will all be crucial.
This editor will assign new pieces, coordinate updates of existing content, edit articles from both internal and freelance writers, and collaborate with the editorial team to drive key business initiatives. Our hotel content ranges from detailed reviews of individual properties to transaction-focused hotel roundups that help travelers find the best property for their stay. The ideal candidate will have an extensive network of freelance writers to help us produce this content.
This role will also monitor and be responsible for our hotel content performance. Working closely with editorial leaders, SEO team members and various stakeholders across the organization, this person will help identify gaps and opportunities in TPG’s portfolio of hotel coverage to develop high- quality, engaging content with a focus on serving our users and expanding our audience.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify, assign and edit search-driven hotel content that balances news and transaction-oriented user needs.
- Lead a team to produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace.
- Draw on your vast freelance network to help us produce hotel roundups that help users find and book the right hotels for their travels.
- Identify content needs, gaps and pain points for both our audience and our content strategy.
- Stay on top of industry news and trends through an extensive network of sources.
- Create an optimized cadence for updating existing content (guides, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy.
- Edit internally and externally produced content in line with AP style and brand voice and tone. Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities.
- Prepare, upload, and maintain stories on TPG’s content management system (WordPress).
- Manage workload of full-time and freelance writers, communicating opportunities to boost content quality.
- Mentor our developing writers and editors and coach them on best practices and our publishing process.
- Work closely with SEO and marketing analysts to develop a strategy to maximize content coverage and organic revenue.
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years writing/editing experience, ideally with an emphasis on hotels and the hospitality industry.
- Background in creating transactional content including affiliate marketing links and messaging.
- Deep network of freelance writers whom we can vet and assign transactional posts on a regular cadence.
- Expertise in writing and editing for SEO.
- Extensive experience using Google Analytics, AHREFS, Semrush, or other data-inquiry tools to formulate both near- and long-term content strategy.
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, keeping up with fast-paced content production processes while juggling multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with editors, designers, engineers, project managers, and web development teams.
- Passion about content creation with a track record of ideating and executing on innovative approaches to deliver on strategic goals.
- Dedication to leveraging technology to rapidly solve problems, create new opportunities and drive value.
- A desire to have fun while educating and informing TPG’s audience about all things points and miles.
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides.
Even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements, we still want to hear from you!
Cash compensation range: $100,000-$156,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full- time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.