Lead UX Designer, Voice
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.
The Design Team on the Conversational Commerce team crafts products that introduce conversational-based shopping experiences to customers via Text, Voice, and more. Our team is committed to radically improving the lives of our customers by removing the burden of planning and shopping on people’s everyday lives.
As a member of the Conversational Commerce Design team, you will champion our customer and experiences. You will develop deep empathy for the customer, develop UX strategies, develop experiences, rapid prototype when necessary and usability test when needed. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex conversational challenges and craft best in class experiences to solve the needs of the customers.
Who will love this role
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will go the extra mile for the company’s success and our user’s happiness
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, and enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the customer experience
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design and can handle anything that comes your way
- An optimist who knows strategies will shift and priorities will change but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers and business.
What you will do
Create user experience solutions across several conversational projects
Design frameworks, flows, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes to meet our goals while balancing out
Collaborate and partner with engineering, product management, data science (among other stakeholders) to find solutions to deliver value to Walmart customers
Facilitate and design workshops to help teams uncover opportunities, objectives, and solutions
Articulate experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience to a diverse group of people
Adhere to brand and personality guidelines to create a consistent conversational experience
Evangelize the design process by promoting the purpose of design and the impact that it makes
What we expect
- 7+ years of experience in UX or relevant field in a consumer-focused business/product
- You are a systems thinker
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Experience working in an agile and/or lean environment
- Startup experience a plus