Lead UI/UX Designer
Arena is a company founded in San Francisco with a mission to revolutionize the customer engagement industry. Companies using Arena include Adobe, Vimeo, Figma, Microsoft and Facebook. Arena raised $16M from top-tier investors in Silicon Valley such as CRV, Craft Ventures and Redpoint.
Arena is an entirely product-led growth company for our first 22,000 customers; spending $0 on marketing and only growing from the viral nature of network effects. By all measures, we are the fastest growing live chat for consumer enterprises - and can attribute most of this to the product.
If you are someone who loves a good challenge, enjoys solving meaningful problems, and wants to be a part of one of the fastest-growing cloud companies in Silicon Valley — then Arena is the company you're looking for.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and develop a skilled squad of designers helping them to improve performance and the design process in order to deliver meaningful ideas and solutions;
- Assess performance and provide career guidance for members of your design team;
- Guarantee alignment and fluid information between design team and company goals through a holistic vision;
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to define and track design practices that meet both business and users goals;
- Introduce innovative design solutions to our processes translated into useful and meaningful interfaces;
- Apply a data-driven design strategy and make sure your team achieves its goals while maintaining a high bar of quality;
- Plan and build curated design processes and methodologies to solve and communicate ideas for complex problems with design thinking and best-in-class product design delivery;
- Lead research for key projects and present evidence that ensures the best user experience of Arena products;
- Ensure cohesion and consistency in the UX design of interfaces based on top notch usability best practices.
You May Be a Good Fit If You Have:
- 3+ years of professional experience leading and managing design teams;
- 6+ years of professional experience as UX/UI Designer with digital products;
- Vast knowledge and experience with driving and applying human-centered design processes while collaborating with customers, engineering, product management, and researchers;
- Proven experience shipping and scaling digital products that were delivered to market;
- You have successful cases of team and product growth in your portfolio;
- Domain of multiple UX/UI and research methodologies;
- You know how to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, validate hypotheses and convert insights into effective design projects;
- You are a self-sufficient team player that will actively look for opportunities to help with the growth and efficiency of the design squad;
- Past experience working closely with developers or directly in HTML/CSS;
- Highly proactive with exceptional interpersonal skills and presentation for any size of public;
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Link to your website that includes recent, relevant case studies
- Prepare project, epic, and sprint plans with the Product and Tech Leads;
- Deliver projects on time and within quality standards;
- Coordinate technical plans with the Product Team and make sure the development is aligned with designs;
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, training, and mentoring to the product and designers working in your team;
- Maintain a friendly, non-hierarchical team;
- Manage releases and war-rooms;
- Contribute hands-on features from wireframe to production releases;
- Serve as a responsive contact point to other departments and customers;
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s with team members.
Arena offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across multiple countries. We give you the freedom and tools to do your best work, and foster an environment you can do it in.
We also have some sweet perks like:
🔥 Be a part of the team in Silicon Valley and join a global team
🗺 Work remotely and visit the HQ in San Francisco, California
💪 A team of exceptional engineers
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
✨ Company equity
⛱️ 5 weeks of paid time-off
📖 A generous Learning and Development budget
🚀 Key moment to join Arena in terms of growth and opportunities
💻 Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 Multiple nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Arena