Lead UI Designer
- 7 applicants (19%)
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high- quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the US, Canada, and Latin America or work from our offices in San Francisco, Portland, and Montreal.
About the Role
The Design & UX Group is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, program managers, and more.
Come join us. https://www.hingehealth.design/
Summary of the role:
Mission Driven: We’re looking for a mission-driven individual to join us in creating engaging and effective experiences to empower successful behavioral health change.
Thought Leader: This person will be a thought leader and key contributor within the Design and R+D teams, and will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Clinical teams at Hinge Health.
Craft: You will be responsible for owning and building the foundations of our UI Design language and be a key contributor to our design systems efforts.
Ownership: With ownership for Hinge Health’s look and feel, you will also work cross functionally across other products and shepherd teams through this time of innovation.
Mentorship: You will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers.
Description of an ideal candidate
Craft: Ideal experiences would be in UX, UI, HCI, product design and/or service design for consumer, native mobile and/or web-served apps.
Scale: Proven experience creating and designing UI systems at scale and build UI design language for scale
User Empathy: We’re looking for an individual who always begins with and returns to the end user; is comfortable sketching, prototyping, and iterating quickly to share and validate; can see the "big picture" with a strong desire to continuously improve every detail of our user experience.
Principles: You have a solid command over UX and UI best practices. You bring strength in layout, details, and visual hierarchy to support usability and brand presence.
Leadership: You subtly and effectively use those skills to critique and mentor other designers so we can all grow our skills and design a better product and journey for our users.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Design Craft
- Craft, lead, and own a scalable UI Design Language across mobile and web.
- Key contributor to creating and scaling Hinge Health’s new design system.
- Design and deliver world-class presentation layer experiences across all of Hinge Health products.
- Contribute to product vision and strategy resulting in emotionally engaging and easy to use experiences.
- Visualize an experience in the abstract to drive vision and alignment across teams.
- Leadership & Mentorship
- Contribute to the larger Design and UX group’s best practices and processes.
- Mentor and grow less experienced designers
- Evangelize and educate about design best practices across the company.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of experience
- Portfolio that showcases your experience creating compelling new UI design and visual product experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- Proven experience creating and shipping net new user interface design at scale
- Expert understanding of visual systems and best practices, including layout, typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward
- Experience building and working with design systems, and ability to extend them to scale products in new and bold directions
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision; iOS/Android native app patterns, responsive/HTML/CSS design
- Experience collaborating with motion designers and illustrators
- Experience designing for mobile apps or other interactive digital platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
- A 0 to 1 mindset — you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering closely with product and engineering teammates to make decisions quickly, learn from them, and iterate. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback.
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Master of many mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, wearables and other interfaces
The range of base salary for the position is between $134,400 - $201,600 plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. Today, Hinge Health is the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by 4 in 5 employers and nearly 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. We work with 900+ customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 20 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and- inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.