Lead Product Designer
- USA Only
Help us build something big.
Built in Chicago, Swaypay is the first and only cash back app that delivers up to 100% back on every purchase. Users simply make a purchase, post it on social media, and earn based on how well their post does. By helping brands like Nike, Fenty, and Uber Eats shift their marketing dollars from Google and Facebook to their social savvy customers, Swaypay is able to deliver unprecedented savings to millions of shoppers.
Guided by our values and our mission to empower shoppers to TAKE WHAT'S THEIRS, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we build, the innovative people we work (and have fun!) with, and the shoppers we get to help.
Swaypay is a fast-growing, well funded venture-backed social commerce x fintech startup backed by prominent institutional VC’s and angels from Snapchat and TikTok.
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our innovative team. This position is located in Chicago, IL or with the option of full-time remote.
What you’ll do
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging user experiences for mobile
- Collaborate with developers throughout the design and development process
- Stay current with UI/UX trends and knowing when it’s ok to break them
- Take inspiration from external designs in order to create a truly beautiful experience
- Design multiple versions of our marketing site to cater to specific audiences
- Analyze and present solutions to inefficiencies in UX
- Work with external teams to design effective marketing creatives
Who you are
- Your thumb is on the pulse of any and every social and/or shopping product in existance. For example, you are constantly on the prowl, proactively discovering that "reels" or "stories" are going to be the next ubiquitous form of content consumption before it happens.
- You have Gen Z spidey senses. What makes them tick? Why do they really do what they do?
- You're data driven in your work output but you don't let that cloud your intuition for user experiences that haven't been built before.
- You're a problem solver and enjoy analyzing complex problems and breaking them into actionable steps that drive product development
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, ready to adapt quickly with changing business priorities
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a Mobile Designer or other design focused role
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate development
- Deep understanding of young millennial and gen-z design preferences
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable coordinating cross-functional collaboration between Design, Product, Engineering, Data science, and Marketing
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers
- Attention to detail, design and UX
- Expert level skills in Figma and other related design software
- Track record of designing amazing products which address key customer pain points
- Experience working at Series A or later stage startups - ideally in fintech (ie: Klarna), social (ie: TikTok), or eCommerce (ie: Ibotta/Rakuten)