Lead Product Designer
- 3 applicants (38%)
Spectora is the leading SaaS home inspection platform, with plans to expand into other verticals in the real estate space. Our flagship product helps home inspectors do inspections and run their business more efficiently.
But you’re here for a rewarding career with people you love working alongside, right? We’re proud of our ability to make the lives of our inspectors easier, but we couldn’t make such an impact without our high-performing and hilarious team.
We are a close team that values doing high-quality work, while building incredible relationships with another. We push ourselves to grow our careers and encourage one another to be better versions of ourselves. Want to hear about our culture directly from the team? ⏭ https://youtu.be/ticzqdTGAlo
About the Position
We are looking for our first Lead Product Designer. Being our very first designer means that we'll lean on your expertise and experience to help us effectively and efficiently integrate design into our product process. You’ll work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to create a cohesive, engaging, and highly intuitive experience across our platform. While we are based in Denver, this is a fully remote position.
- Design and validate new experiences via mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, and other Product Design artifacts for our web and mobile applications
- Create low-fi mockups and high-fidelity designs that can be leveraged by Product and Engineering teams
- Work as an embedded member of a cross-functional product development team, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers to set the product's strategy, and create solutions based on research
- Conduct research and usability tests with users, both in-person and online
- Advocate for the user and evangelize user experience throughout the organization
Who You Are
- You enjoy stepping out of your comfort zone. Being the first designer on our team means you have an opportunity to help shape how design plays into other aspects of the organization
- You constantly analyze and obsess over other products' experiences. We realize the importance of user experience to a successful product and are invested in being the category leader
- You have 5+ years of experience designing world-class SaaS products, B2B SaaS is preferred
- You have a strong portfolio of design work including both web and mobile applications
- You're an excellent communicator with a proven track record presenting designs and articulating design decisions to both cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- You have a strong aptitude for performing and synthesizing research
- You have a bias towards action, and know-how to succeed in ambiguity
- You’re self-aware and lead from a place of empathy
- You have the ability to make data-driven decisions and champion the best outcomes for customers
- You're proficient in Figma (preferred) or another design software
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every bullet point. We are people, not checklists, and we hire as such!
Be sure to include a personalized video on why you'd be a great fit.Show us who you actually are, we want to get to know YOU!
Portfolio required - Please include a link to your portfolio showing examples of the following for both web and mobile , if possible:
- Wireframes/low-fidelity mockups
- Interactive prototypes
- High-fidelity designs
Applications without a cover video and portfolio will not be considered. Feel free to show some personality with your resume and cover video, we actually read these and we like to laugh!
Salary: $100,000-$120,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
Spectora values and celebrates a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants, free of discrimination or harassment.