Lead Product Designer
- 9 applicants (38%)
TL;DR: We're building a new sleep product & looking for a strong lead product designer to join the team. This is a multidisciplinary role that includes research, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design while working closely with the founder/CEO, Head of Product and engineering team.
Simple Habit, a mental wellness & meditation platform, was created in 2017 by CEO/Founder Yunha Kim. Our mission? To help people live better. In just a couple of years, Simple Habit grew mostly organically to $5M in ARR. Shortly after, we raised $10M in a Series A round. In 2020, based on insights & learnings, Simple Habit decided to build & launch a new product, Sleep Reset. Our mission has stayed the same; to help people live better....but our focus has shifted to solving our users #1 wellness problem, sleep!
Sleep Reset is a "first of its kind" wellness program. We applied proven and effective methods from the Stanford Sleep Clinic and digitized them into one seamless sleep program. These methods are currently administered in person, but we believe and have proven that we can achieve the same outcome, digitally.
Location: We're a fully distributed team of 9 FTEs & 14 contractors, working remotely from both EST & PST time zones.
The Product Team & Process:
• We are a remote, nimble and fast-moving team of one product manager and a content writer.
• We all have different and unique backgrounds and share a passion about helping people sleep better.
• We all operate as owners to drive our initiatives from design to implementation. We work directly with the engineering team to see our vision come to life.
• We are analytical and prefer to use data to build confidence in our decisions. We always keep our users first and do what is best for them to get the best outcomes we can.
• We hire passionate people who are self starters. We provide structure, but also give lots of room for you to explore and find opportunities within our product.
In this role, you will become an expert in our users and their needs through data and research. You will be able to construct big picture customer journeys as well as create designs for specific features.
You'll thrive in this role if you're:
• Interested in an immense amount of responsibility & ownership at an early- stage startup
• Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
• Someone with an extreme growth mindset, driven by intense curiosity. We believe there is always room for us to improve as individual developers, a team, and a company.
• Excited that no day is like the other
• Nimble & passionate. We believe in ownership and expect all team members to bring technical, growth, and product ideas to the table.
- You have 5+ years of UX/UI design experience.
- You have experience working at a consumer start up.
- You have experience with working with Lottie and other animation formats.
- You have designed and shipped features from scratch.
- You have experience writing technical design documents and collaborating with a team of engineers.
- You can Incorporate user insights and validate decisions through rapid prototyping and testing.
- You have a design portfolio that demonstrates outstanding interaction design skills from architecture, flow mapping, to prototyping.
- Passion for data and metrics
- Strong product mindset
- Experience with direct to consumer health tech products.
- Personal experience/connection with sleep issues
Why you might be excited about joining us:
- We’re tackling a big and common problem, sleep. We're solving it with a solution that has never been done before.
- Current participants in our program rave about Sleep Reset. Over 80% of our users improve their sleep by week 4.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. We've been remote for over two years and have the whole "how to work well remotely" thing down.
- You'll have endless flexibility in your role and will be part of defining our culture, operations, infrastructure and "how we do things" at Simple Habit.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions.
- Although Sleep Reset is new, Simple Habit is not -- this comes with many benefits.
- (Popular opinion) Our team is incredible. Full stop. We've retained over 90% of our team through a pandemic and a product pivot! We take our culture very seriously & aim to maintain (and continue to elevate) our close-knit and supportive bond. We came for the mission, but we stay for each other.
Simple Habit Creed:
There will be no failures, only learning experiences.
There will be no task below us, only opportunities to help.
We are here because we share a common sense of purpose.
We are here to help people live better, every day.
We are all owners.
All colors, all ages, all races and religions.
We all took risks to be here.
Our passion is people,
Not ping pong tables.
We get in the zone.
We take boba breaks.
We believe in self-care.
We believe in feedback.
We don't waffle.
We will disagree and commit.
We will continuously improve.
For the curious and the bold,
Humble and confident.
This company, and world, is ours to make better.