Lead Product Designer
- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Osano is looking for a Product Designer who is excited to be the first designer at a startup and has a deep understanding of modern design principles. This role will work closely with product and engineering to make our B2B SaaS web app delightful. In addition to working on the user interface and user experience, this designer will shape the design systems that scale quality and product-led growth.
Osano is an Austin area, venture-backed startup focused on creating transparency in data. We're also a B-corp (public benefit corp), which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission-oriented, and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.
At Osano, we value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you don't exactly meet all of the below requirements, don't let that keep you from applying. We're looking for people who are eager to learn and grow with us. If you're interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, say hi!
- Create + iterate on a user interface and experience that is intuitive, functional and original.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to ideate and define features based on a clear understanding of user personas and their needs.
- Reduce time to production by creating design requirements. This may be a mix of journey maps, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and/or high fidelity designs.
- Work closely with engineers to understand solutions and facilitate implementation.
- Present concepts to and get feedback from internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate expertise in information architecture, typography, copy, and visual hierarchy to enable our team to efficiently and creatively solve complex design problems.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a product designer, UI/UX designer or similar role.
- Bonus: You have experience working on SaaS or other admin-heavy products, preferably at a startup.
- You would like to grow into managing other designers.
- You've demonstrated the ability to understand users + identify their desires and turn them into products.
- You've mastered using design and prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch, Figma, Framer, Adobe XD, InVision).
- You know when to focus attention to detail and when to rapidly produce low-fidelity sketches.
- You have strong design opinions and advocate for the user but can balance that against business needs and constraints.
- You have a knack for simplifying complexity and turning abstract ideas into concrete designs.
- Lastly, you should thrive in a remote environment. For us, that means being empathetic, proactively communicating, and bringing ingenuity and initiative every day.
A bit more about Osano
We're an easy solution to data privacy laws! Osano is a data privacy platform that instantly helps websites become compliant with laws such as GDPR and CCPA. Osano works to keep companies out of trouble and monitors all of the vendors they share data with – so they don't have to.
- Ownership interest/equity in the company
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Sponsored health insurance
- Fully and permanently remote company in the U.S.
- Opportunity to define the culture
- B-corp with a mission that matters
Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect stock options and your annual compensation to be somewhere between $125,000 and $140,000 upon joining the company.
Osano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, neurodiversity, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value what makes us different and want to see how you can make our team better!