Lead Product Designer
- USA Only
- 6 applicants
About Our Company
Discern is on a mission to build the most trusted platform in corporate compliance. We believe companies can reach their true potential when compliance is monitored, understood, and managed by allowing them to focus on the things that make them great.
The Team You’ll Work With
We’re currently a small team with big aspirations. You will be starting as a founding team member working directly with all co-founders and our VP of Engineering. We’re a highly collaborative group with extensive experience in both corporate and tech startup environments. We’re comfortable knowing what we don’t know so will be leaning heavily on your experience in product design.
What We're Looking For
Someone who is ready for a big challenge and excited by the opportunity! Ideally, you have had some great mentors in product design, honed your craft in a B2B SaaS product, and would like to apply this to create elegant solutions in corporate compliance.
Your Impact at Discern
- You will lead our overall product design strategy by utilizing your existing experience and leveraging market research
- Make final decisions on all design elements and provide input on important product decisions
- Think strategically about the entire user journey and plan for how the product will develop longer term
- Think about the complex nature of user roles and permissions and how this impacts the overall product design and experience.
- Conduct comprehensive user feedback and can measure design effectiveness in both qualitative and quantitative terms.
- Optimize user sign-up, login, and onboarding, module design, and 3rd party integrations.
- Own the component library so design concepts can be maintained, reused, and iterated.
- You will scale the product design function over time including building the team as we grow.
- Report directly to our CEO.
- Previous relevant experience designing a B2B SaaS desktop application, with an online portfolio of examples. Added bonus if you have designed integrations.
- Highly motivated by starting on the ground floor.
- Complex problem solver who loves to create elegant, highly intuitive, efficient, and functional solutions.
- Obsessive about the user experience.
- Understands the process of design prototyping to reach the desired solution
- Enjoys collaborating with diverse teams and is open to jam sessions in person.
- A highly diligent individual who also likes to have fun with colleagues!
- Competitive Salary between $175,000 and $210,000 p.a.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Budget allocation for wellness, health, and fitness
- Sponsored out-of-office events - yes we will have fun!
- 20 days PTO (with roll-over) and 13 federal holidays