Lead Product Designer
Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel is a women-founded, women-led organization created to give everyone a chance at love. The sense of belonging and connectedness we get from relationships not only helps us survive, but thrive, and we’re working to make it a little easier for people to find that. We’re inspired by the stories we hear from employees, friends, and family who have used CMB to transform their lives—and you too can make a difference by joining us!
We’re looking for a passionate, talented Lead Product Designer to elevate our product team and help design the future of dating. Our product team is small but mighty: we are laser-focused in identifying and solving the most important problems for relationship-seekers. We use data, domain knowledge, and user empathy to drive decisions and are deliberate about when to move fast with conviction—and when to slow down, de-risk, and gain confidence in our solution.
It’s important that we feel excited and energized about our work, which is only made possible by a healthy work-life balance. We were in the vanguard remote-first workplaces and continue to allow teams the flexibility of working from anywhere. We’re also piloting a 4-day work week to see if we can increase both our efficiency and well-being. In short, we care about our mission our people, and we want you to join us on this journey.
This is a player-coach role
As an individually contributing product designer, your responsibilities include the following:
- Act as a strategic partner to product managers to break down complex, sometimes ambiguous problems into concrete concepts and ultimately a successful solution
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, a content designer, and the customer experience team to take features from start to finish: research, ideation, prototyping, and testing—and ensure solutions drive desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Reflect, gather feedback, and iterate on launched features based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Lead and participate in regular design reviews, where you'll seek out specific feedback on your concepts and incorporate what’s relevant
- Seek opportunities to enhance and standardize the user experience
As a lead designer, your responsibilities include the following:
- Mentor and grow less-experienced designers while evangelizing design practices and finding opportunities to elevate confidence in our solutions
- Work with the CEO to set product strategy and roadmaps
- Evaluate and improve our product-development process to increase our ability to launch features that positively improve intended key metrics
- Contribute to hiring other product team members
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in a leading contributor role crafting user experiences on both Android & iOS platforms
- A proven track record of launching successful features that solve real user problems and iterating post-launch based on user data
- A portfolio that demonstrates your visual and experiential design prowess
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment and collaborating with other designers, product managers, engineers, UX researchers, data analysts, customer support teams, marketers, and more.
- Fluency in Figma or other product-design tools
- Excellence in UX thinking, visual design, and written communication
- Able to think strategically about business problems and invent UX concepts to solve them
- Managerial experience not necessary
What it's like to work at CMB!
What is it like to work at CMB? First and foremost, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. Together we all create a unique combination of backgrounds, experiences, and cultures. We have various interest clubs around books, plants, skincare, furry friends, tv shows, you name it. Whatever your quirk is, you will feel at home here.
Secondly, we believe flexibility allows us to bring our best selves to work. We trust each other to get our job done on our own terms. We currently have 55 colleagues working from home in 9 different US states, 4 provinces in Canada, 3 in Singapore, and 4 in the Philippines.
Lastly, we value connection. We are a collaborative bunch who care for our daters as well as our team members! We regularly organize in-person & virtual events and invest in each other's growth and wellbeing. And as much as we value connection at work, we also believe in work/life balance. We're currently testing out a 4 day work week! Here's a link where you can read more about why.
Do these values speak to you? If so, come and join us!
p.s. Here are a few of our perks!
-Competitive compensation with equity -100% coverage on health, dental, and vision -Retirement savings matching -Flexible PTO and sick leave 4 day work week -Flexible work environment (location & hours), yearly education & wellness stipend -Long and short term disability insurance- -Generous parental leave (10 weeks for birth parent and 8 weeks for non-birth parent) -Company organized social events, off-sites & retreats