Are you an experienced non-fiction editor who wants to move in the direction of team leadership? Are you familiar with maintaining style guides and ensuring editorial quality across a team? Do you understand the different levels of editing: developmental, line, and copy? Are you experienced in communicating with writers, particularly writers who are subject experts first and writers second?
We're looking for a full-time lead editor to join our roster! Draft.dev has a robust editing process, from tech reviewers to developmental editors to copy editors, to ensure that our content reaches a high level of polish before we submit it to our clients. Our lead editor will help oversee the editorial process, suggest improvements to process and documentation, and work closely with an all-remote team to ensure high-quality edits on every article.
We'd Like Someone Who Can:
- Be a resource for editorial questions from writers and editors alike
- Make recommendations to management as to when and how to expand editorial team
- Maintain style guides and editorial processes and help them evolve
- Understand and quickly learn complex technical topics at a high level
- Promptly and clearly communicate with writers and Draft.dev team members
- Work closely with our Editorial Director and our Tech Content Lead
- 5+ years of professional editing experience in technical or comparably complex subject matter
- 1+ years of leadership experience in an editorial environment
- Proficient in all manner of editing: developmental, line, and copy
- 32–40 work hours available per week
- Deliver on deadlines
- Adhere to and improve editing processes, style guides, etc.
- Comfortable in all-remote environment
- Flexible hours, location, and (almost always) asynchronous work
- $55/hour starting pay rate
- Opportunity for advancement to a Managing Editor role
- Help shape the direction of a quickly growing small business and help our freelance writers improve their skills
- Submit your application. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are only able to respond to applicants we plan to move forward with.
- Top applicants will be asked to complete a paid trial assignment.
- You'll join a 30-minute interview with our Editorial Director to learn more about our process and team.
- You'll have a short call with our CEO to learn about the company vision and this role's impact.
Ready to Apply?
Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.