Lead Designer, Motion
MOONBASE is the record-breaking Social-First Agency behind some of the top campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok in 2020. We execute industry- leading approaches setting new benchmarks in Social-First Marketing for Category-Leaders such Amazon, Mercedes AMG, Gymshark and other leading brands. You’ve always wanted to be part of when trends on Social are made? Help us rebuild modern marketing communication for progressive brands at a large scale and join Germany’s hottest Social-First agency.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a stellar designer to help in leading our creative, from ideation to production, with a particular focus on the visual execution and motion specifically. A skilled background in motion design and graphic design is especially important for our social-first work. Additional experience in other relevant fields like video editing, typography, etc. is highly valued.
As Lead Designer, you’ll be responsible for producing best-in-class, social- first work, but also directly managing others on the design team with a diverse set of skills. Your work will be seen by every 3rd German every month and many, many millions of people around the world. You will report to the Head of Creative.
- Contribute to each brand’s creative process – deliver strong concepts, crafted design, tasteful art direction, and refined motion design.
- Create best-in-class user-centric work suitable for a diverse set of social platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, and others as well as TV, email, websites, OOH etc.
- Developing & managing insights-based ads rotation
- Manage photo and video shoots for various ads and campaigns.
- Adhere to our clients’ brand identities while finding appropriate opportunities to push boundaries and enhance their visual language.
- Create, maintain, and make accessible to the marketing team a clear, up-to-date and well-designed library of assets including source files for ads, edited photos, videos, voice-overs, illustrations, etc.
- Provide oversight and/or development of all internal presentations, as well as marketing material like apparel, stickers, office ware, business cards, etc.
- Present concepts and designs to clients.
- Manage projects and meet all deadlines.
- You will build and spearhead our design team with our Head of Creative
- 5+ years of work experience in design or similar roles.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills in motion and graphic design.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, marketing and sales teams.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, people-first mentality.
- Intimate experience with the many facets of each social media platform
- On the forefront of social trends, able to apply awareness strategically to new projects.
- A keen eye for high-performing social content
- Excellent spoken and written English, level C1 & C2
- German skills are a plus
WHAT TO EXPECT WORKING AT MOONBASE
At MOONBASE you can expect a high caliber team and flexible work environment that places value on camaraderie and diverse perspectives.
- Supportive and ambitious team of diverse skillsets and backgrounds.
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and constructive feedback.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring, and personal development opportunities such as regular coachings and free access to mental health professionals.
- Opportunity to partly schedule your working times on your own, including remotely.
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the world.
- Competitive compensation and pension.
- Your work brings you in contact with the “Who is Who” of the German E-Commerce industry
- Flagship office right above Apple & Tesla in Berlin.
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued.
- Embracing challenges and developing professional skills by project ownership and responsibilities from day one.
- Learn more about the benefits of working at Moonbase here: moonbase.social/working-here.
START DATE: ASAP
We encourage every qualified person to apply regardless of your age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. We embrace inclusion and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ensuring visibility of your application:
To make this process the smoothest it can be we gather your information through this form: https://moonbase.social/apply to get some important questions out of the way before we schedule a call together. Filling this out upfront will make you more visible to our People & Culture team.