Junior UX/UI Designer
- Europe Only
- 8 applicants (12%)
We are looking for a Junior UX/UI Designer to join an award-winning team of Digital, Interaction and Experience designers at our Amsterdam office that has been officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
As a Junior UX/UI Designer you:
- Help with wireframing / drawing flows
- Produce UI elements in Figma
- Help in setting up UI kits and design systems
- Create interactive prototypes
- Carry out market research and competitor benchmarking
- Turn abstract problems into more concrete flows and flowcharts
- Support UX research: prepare interviews, conduct interviews and usability tests, prepare and conduct surveys, and turn research results into insights
- Write user stories
- Support the team on pitches and communicate design solutions with clients
- Participate in the everyday life of Reaktor design community
Have 1-2 years of experience in digital design.
Are proactive and eager to learn.
Can show a combination of UX and Visual skills.
- Drawing user flows
- Assembling polished UIs from existing components
- Building interactive prototypes
- Market research and benchmarking
- Ability to spot what makes a valuable and user-friendly digital service
- Service system thinking / Information architecture – understanding a full representation of a service
- Have a keen eye for detail and all things visual
- Understanding color theory, typography, hierarchy, grids and laws of composition
When it comes to tools, we appreciate the knowledge of Figma. Experience of working with engineers and understanding technology is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
There is no status quo. You will join a dynamic team granting you a lot of autonomy to experiment, innovate and create. At Reaktor, you will collaborate with top engineers on impactful projects. We care about your development: you can take part in certification programs, numerous trainings and receive support from your mentors.
Our Amsterdam office has a unique vibe being a lively mix of 70 people coming from 28 different countries: we love to connect, enjoy team activities and learn from failure and embrace success together.
Salary range: €40 000 – 50 000 a year (incl. holiday allowance)
Here are our benefits in detail:
- Flexible working hours
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Compensation of self-development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Extended health insurance
- Screens, keyboard, headphones and the gear you need to make great work
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Travel expenses
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips
If you’re not based in Amsterdam, no worries. What’s important is that you’d be willing to come join us. To make sure we’re a home for top talent like you, we offer a nice relocation package, as well as all the help and advice you need in moving over.