Jr. Graphic Designer
- USA Only
- 19 applicants (18%)
Allow us to introduce ourselves.
Nugg Club is one of the hottest startups in the $30-50 billion cannabis space, turning the traditional retail model on its head. Our flagship product is the industry’s first cannabis subscription box, delivering members over $250 in monthly products and perks for only $129/month. We recently expanded our product line to also offer a wholesale marketplace for non members, complete with a best price guarantee. Featured in Forbes, LA Times, Esquire, and Dieline, we’ve helped over 40,000 consumers discover the very best in cannabis.
About the role
We have an opening for a full time, ambitious Junior Designer who’s ready to rock the fast paced startup life with us and put their skills to the test. You’ll be cooking up multiple weekly email campaigns, laying out print design, selecting stock images for blogs, and more. You can work remotely from anywhere in the United States as long as you hit your deadlines. You’ll be working closely with our Creative Director, CMO, and Marketing Director, executing everything and anything in the realm of print and digital design for both Nugg Club and our sister company NuggMD.
So let’s talk about you.
You’re a design unicorn who wants to go the distance. You’re someone who loves the grind and wants to work with the best, to make the best. You know you’re talented, but your hard work is what defines you. Even though you’re awesome, you know how to take edits and you can leave your ego at the door. Just the thought of starting a fresh design and editing has you drooling all over your macbook. Tight deadlines and late nights don't scare you, within reason of course. That’s what coffee is for :)
Sound like you? Good - keep scrolling.
Doesn’t sound like you? Let’s just be friends, but here’s $10 off your first Nugg Club Box. Use code DESIGNFAM.
Here’s what we expect from you
- You MUST have a digital portfolio site to be considered for the role.
- You have 2+ years of real experience creating print and digital design.
- Experience working with, and adhering to brand guidelines and standards.
- A champion of typography, composition, visual hierarchy, and color.
- An Adobe wizard in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Awesome organizational skills and the ability to prioritize on the fly.
- Ability to do quick edits on product photos if needed.
- Experience working with Trello and Slack.
- Experience working remotely.
Here’s what will make us weak in the knees
- You have design experience in the cannabis space.
- You have a base level + understanding of the cannabis industry and products.
- You’re a copywriting wiz and have a keen eye for typos and grammar.
- You can juggle bowling balls. That would be nuts.
- $65,000-$75,000 starting salary based on ability and experience
How to Apply
We are big on details so if you are reading this far, you’re off to a good start. Here are the rules for how to apply for this role. If you do not follow them, we will not consider your application.
- You MUST have a portfolio site.
- Submit your portfolio site, resume, and answer a few questions via this questionnaire: https://forms.gle/gT2b3yzmKYZ3aC52A