Jr. Graphic Designer
- USA Only
- 33 applicants (23%)
Burness is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer with 1–3 years of experience to join our creative team in producing print and marketing materials, infographics, brands, illustrations, and websites. As a junior designer for Burness, you will have the opportunity to design for well-known, mission- driven foundations, think tanks, researchers, policy experts, and nonprofit groups worldwide.
The skills you’ll need :
· Proficiency with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
· Experience with the Office suite—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint—and creating templates.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Knowledge of digital and offset printing methods.
· BA or equivalent in graphic design.
What we’re looking for :
· Huge appetite to learn from seasoned, passionate designers and managers.
· Conceptual design thinking on how to best visualize our clients’ work.
· Solid range of design and software skills.
· Strong typographic skills and sensitivity.
· Ability to clearly explain and present design work.
· Capability of juggling multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and a sense of humor.
· Dedication to creating social change and impact through design.
What you’ll get to do:
· Design brochures, fact sheets, reports, and other publications.
· Create conceptual data visualizations.
· Develop motion graphics for video.
· Conceptualize and execute illustrations.
· Collaborate to develop cohesive and compelling brand systems
· Create front-end designs for websites.
· Design visually appealing presentations and templates.
We value individuality and the right candidate will shape this role and our design team. Our primary goal is to find a talented, creative, well-rounded, and driven designer who is interested in designing for social change.
Burness is a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide. Since our founding more than 35 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 700 nonprofits in the US and around the world. Our office is located in Bethesda, MD. This is a hybrid position.
Burness offers excellent benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience and a friendly, collegial working environment. Send resume, portfolio, and cover letter to David Spears [email protected]