Intermediate UX Designer
- 9 applicants (16%)
Work anywhere in the US, must live in the US
We are growing! Join an Agile technology team of 35+ talented product managers, developers, test engineers, project managers, UX designers, etc. who support a company of ~150 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, eCommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY A leader in online education, Continu is composed of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated, and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace, ranked
100 in [Fortune’s 2022 Best Small & Medium Workplaces for
Millennials](https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best- workplaces/millennials/2022?category=small-and-medium), ranked #86 in Fortune's 2021 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the US and ranked #13 in Fortune's 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Women by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
We celebrate diverse voices within our organization and in the professions we serve, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our team members feel empowered and supported in their careers. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious creed, disability status, veteran status or age. We are also committed to paying our team members at fair rates based on their skills and experience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Though we are virtual and scattered across the country, we communicate frequently, have a tight-knit team, and support each other across roles and projects. We are driven by endless curiosity, a love of learning, and a desire to solve problems.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a UX Designer at Continu, you’ll be responsible for translating research and insights into delightful user experiences. You’ll work closely with other designers, product managers, stakeholders, and developers to help shape the future of our products. On a typical day, you’ll spend time designing in Figma, validating your designs in Maze, organizing your work in Jira, attending Agile ceremonies via Zoom, and carrying on plenty of chats in Slack.
- Design usable, accessible, data-driven, and engaging user experiences for mobile and web
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders to create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Deliver design work, including discovery artifacts, sketches and rough prototypes, wireframes, UX flows, and high fidelity prototypes
- Respect and contribute to the evolving design system
- Seek to understand user behavior and motivations using qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Engage in critiques as well as share new learnings and case studies
- Challenge existing processes with new ways for the team to be more effective
- 4+ years of relevant design experience required - looking for intermediate level of experience rather than junior (1-3 yrs) or senior (7+ yrs)
- A Bachelor’s is required, but a degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- An online portfolio demonstrating experience creating user-centric design solutions (sketch, storyboard, final designs to live experiences)
- Extensive experience using Figma, Adobe XD, Axure, or similar tools, but Figma is highly preferred.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
- Full-time W2 position, work core U.S. business hours in your time zone
- Ability to fulfill the job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once per year for team or project meetings
- We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group health insurance, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, accident insurance, and more
- We offer 21 days of paid time off per year as well as your birthday and national holidays and observances (you may substitute any of the standard holidays for another public holiday such as bank/school or other regional or religious holidays)
- We offer a 401k match, professional development, charitable gift matching, robust wellness programs, and more
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear about 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; and 2) a project achievement you are particularly proud of, and why.