We are a remote company with folks across the United States. We don’t care where you live, so long as you’re happy and professional. We’ve had a remote culture for five years, so this isn’t a new thing for our team. If it’s new for you, that’s fine. We offer a quarterly home office stipend to help you create your best working environment. All we ask is that you’re all in on LGND, your work, and committed to using your experience to create premium designs and being a fun and enjoyable teammate.
You’re a creative specializing in simple and intuitive web experiences while maintaining an extremely high standard. You love the challenge of thinking through complex problems. Most importantly, you are always hungry for feedback that grows and improves your work. Your work is your baby, but you’re not overly emotional about new ideas or radical changes. You want to create the best end product for the client and are excited to iterate with smart people.
Examples of Work Products
- Interactive Design: We design full websites ranging from single-page experiences to thousands of pages. Moodboards, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups created in Figma are all within your comfort zone.
- Product Design: We work closely with teams from startups to the world’s biggest brands to create web-based applications to solve intricate problems.
- Digital Storytelling/Editorial Design: Think New York Times explainer articles. Taking written content and data and transforming using photos, videos, and data visualizations to tell stories with an emotional and rational balance
- Branding: We work on all facets of brand and branding. Through a series of meetings, you develop an understanding of a client brand’s personality, then work through our brand book process.
- Meticulous about style. You know what looks good intuitively and will channel that into your work.
- Details are important to you. In your opinion, the best design work often appears simple at first because the details are so well executed.
- Confidence and independence to take ownership of your work without ego and micromanagement.
- Communicate clearly and work well within a process-driven remote environment.
- Hungry for improvement in your work, your skills, and meaningful work.
- Passion about design and the product you’re putting out whose only constraint is time.
- 4+ years of experience designing websites, data visualizations, and general design work.
- You have presented your work to internal teams and often “sell” your ideas and work to clients.
- You are familiar with the agency model or working on multiple projects.
Compensation & Benefits
- Twice-annual bonus reviews based on whole-company performance and profitability
- Work from anywhere in the US. We just ask that you have a reliable internet connection and a well-lit, distraction-free place to work.
- Company-supplied computer and technology
- Quarterly home office stipend
- Robust health care plans with a 100% employer-paid plan for employees and cost-sharing for dependents
- Dental and vision plans
- Company-wide Vanguard 401K option
- 100% paid for term life insurance