Illustrator / Designer
Schoox is a uniquely agile learning and talent development platform. We help businesses of all sizes shift from traditional, compliance-based training to an approach that unlocks and accelerates employee potential as well as business growth. Our platform moves beyond the basics of learning management so companies can identify the difficult-to-measure impact of their learning and development programs on their overall business performance.
We are looking for a talented Illustrator to create original pieces of artwork for print and digital publications. For this role, you will collaborate with designers, developers, and marketers to make sure you grasp and can sketch out their needs. If you can use your creative skills to turn messages and ideas into appealing illustrations, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you will create an illustration framework to quickly generate illustrations that meet quality standards set by you and the design team. When not working on illustrations you would help out the marketing team with design assets and updating the marketing site.
- Prepare rough drafts according to requirements
- Develop an illustration framework that aligns with the brand
- Combine hand-drawing and painting with digital media to create complete illustrations
- Refine designs with illustration software
- Participate in design briefs with the marketing team to identify their needs
- Ensure that printed illustrations meet quality and color standards
- Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas, patterns and styles
- Stay up-to-date with new design techniques and software
- Experience with Figma and design systems is a plus
- Proven work experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Designer, or similar role
- Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations
- Solid knowledge of image editing and digital sketching software, like Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, procreate, etc.
- Drawing skills with an attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen)
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills
- Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts, or relevant qualification
Schoox full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Schoox a great place to work.
- Competitive market salary.
- Eligible for additional annual bonuses based on individual and business achievements.
- 401(k): 3% allowance towards 401K, regardless of employee contribution.
- Professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale.
- A generous PTO policy and flexible work-from-home policy.
Employees of Schoox work independently from home offices. Each employee should have the capacity within their home to set up a work environment or office. Schoox provides a computer, phone stipend and office supplies for all employees.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Commitment
Schoox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Schoox is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Schoox are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Schoox will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Schoox encourages applicants of all ages. Schoox is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Schoox is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment
At Schoox, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – across all of our work and partnerships. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity inspires innovation. So, we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing and increasingly diverse world.