Head of Experience
Cuvva is making car insurance radically better.
We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we’ve sold over 3 million policies and supported over 450,000 customers. We’re a world-class team of over 100 people, passionate about solving our customers’ problems. Join us.
The Cuvva team
We don’t cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
Being customer centric means everyone in every area of the business – including our CEO, Freddy– spends a few hours a month on customer support. This helps us fully understand our customers’ needs and how the app works. Here’s a blog post on our ‘Cops Club’.
We’ll speak up when we have an idea - but we know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. It’s the Cuvva way.
We’re building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. So we give everyone a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva.
If you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
We’re looking for someone who is able to lead the vision and direction of the experience we're building for Cuvva through an incredibly talented diverse team. You will be the leader of how the combination of world-class product design and content design come together to solve customers problems across our product teams ranging from the app, website and even our internal tooling. We're looking for someone who has deep experience maintaining strong consistency between products but consistency with the brand. A storyteller who can see the opportunities where they can lead collaborative efforts across teams to improve the customer journey.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be
Aligning the team's efforts towards a consistent, holistic approach where a customer's experience of Cuvva is the best it can be. You’ll be working with leaders in the company to understand the strategy, taking that and aligning your team around it. You're a visionary that constantly gets the best of your team through strong principles, process & culture. Understanding the company's goals to see where your team can impact them is critical.
You'll do great here if you
- Are a proven leader and customer obsessed with clear evidence in creating memorable products with holistic experience across platforms.
- Have built and scaled highly functioning cross discipline teams in design.
- Have strong experience in user experience, design and the value of storytelling.
- Have a deep understanding of using research and data to shape decisions.
- Are able to inspirationally champion customer centric experiences at all levels.
- Have enormous care on the details to maintain a high level of quality in all areas where a customer can experience Cuvva.
- Can move fast, make great decisions, take ownership and are open and honest.
- Can maintain and improve the team culture–you're a people person with deep rooted values.
- Give great feedback, with clear actionable next steps in a way that encourages more feedback
It’s a bonus if you
- Have a deep product background as an individual contributor in multiple fast growing mobile focussed startups.
- Are able to be hands on when you need to in order to develop concepts to help inspire directions across projects.
- Have worked with design systems, rolling them out and using them as a force to move faster.
It's not for you if
- You've not worked as a leader in an in house development team to launch customer facing products or services.
- You need top down direction to make decisions. We're looking for an autonomous leader that can take the mission and strategies of the company and instill this into the team.
Benefits and compensation
As well as a competitive salary (£90k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays 🌞)
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook 💻
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Salary sacrifice schemes for electric car lease!
- Hundreds of perks and discounts
- Lifeworks - Mental health tool & assistance programme
- Mates rates on your insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements 🏡
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team 💸
- Monthly team socials (we’ve done things like Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes) 🎤
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Regular team lunches (even when we’re remote!)