Head of Digital Design & UX
- 22 applicants (34%)
Through market-leading accredited courses, unrivalled membership plans, industry-shaping reports, thriving communities, and first-class events, we’re redefining the way companies access education and scale. Fearless in our approach, and innovative in execution, we continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
From events to courses to content to membership - and more, we want the user experience and unmissable design to be at the heart of everything we do, and to achieve that, we need…you?
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with our marketing, customer success, product, and events teams to refine and refocus our digital presence and journeys into frictionless experiences.
- Consuming data on a daily basis to ensure our visitors and customers are receiving first-rate experiences - and proactively putting short and long-term modifications in place to ensure we’re in a constant and iterative cycle of improvement.
- Transforming user experiences across various products and communities into buzzword alert seamless and cohesive journeys that set our community members up for success.
- Defining our design guidelines, pushing the boundaries, and ensuring our design footprint reflects our values and are unarguably unique.
- Responsible for signing off all print and digital collateral.
- Working closely with content and marketing to ensure close-knit collaboration from ideation to execution on both tactical and strategic campaigns.
- Cascading key UX intel throughout the organization to ensure all departments have awareness and opportunities are ultimately actioned.
- Managing (and growing!) our small but mighty team of in-house designers.
- Evaluating internal processes and ways of working and proactively putting measures in place to ensure the design team and key stakeholders are working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to lead the way when it comes to design. Whether it’s how we layout our reports, build our sales pages, design our dashboards, or visually share our events, we want to be the people others want to copy.
What you need to be successful:
You can demonstrate significant expertise in leading and developing product design teams within a high growth environment
You have the technical competence, communication and leadership skills needed to coach the members of your team at every level
- You have the ability to foster strong relationships with other stakeholders
- You're an advocate for cross-functional ways of working and set clear expectations for how design should operate in that model
- You're user-focused, understand the product process and how design can make an impact here
- You've established a multi-disciplined design community in the past and have ideas for how a modern design function should operate
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
Enhanced paid holiday :
- 34 days including UK Bank holidays and a day off on your birthday
Private Medical & Dental
Life Insurance: (4 x salary)
- On-demand therapy, coaching & mental fitness via Oliva
- Heavily subsidised gym membership via Gympass
- Cycle to work & Workplace Nursery schemes
- Early bird or night owl? Our flexible hours policy allows you to structure your work for when your most productive
Flexible benefits via the thanksBen platform
- Your Flex allowance is to spend on anything that makes you happy use it for things like healthy food, streaming services, uber or beauty treatments! Your choice.
- £600 annually in year 1 scaling to over £1,980+ annually based on the length of service
Learning & Development:
- Personal L&D budget £500 annually in year 1 scaling to £3000+ annually based on length of service
Volunteer & L&D Days:
- We offer 1 additional paid day per quarter for you to dedicate to either L&D or Charity/ Volunteer activities
New tech gear:
- Laptop, screen, mouse, keyboard. We got you covered.
Company social events:
- Last year the company party was in Paris, this year who knows...