Graphic Designer - Brand
- USA Only
- 49 applicants
Graphic Designer (Brand)
$63,000 – 73,000 Annually
Marketing · Hollywood, California
Little Sleepies is a high growth eCommerce business specializing in buttery soft pajamas, daywear, and nursery essentials from proprietary Lunaluxe™ bamboo fabric, custom-milled for maximum softness and coziness! Lunaluxe™ bamboo is hypoallergenic, gentle on sensitive skin, breathable, has natural UV protection, and fits your little one 3X longer than other brands.
Remote in the United States, preferably in the Pacific or Mountain time zone.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
At Little Sleepies, we see brand design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. We’re looking for a highly creative graphic designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and web. Reporting to the Sr. Art Director, you’ll help shape our identity and continue to build a brand our audience knows and loves.
Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of their tools and be skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable. Collaborating with multiple teams including Social Media, eCommerce, Retention, Paid Marketing, Merchandising and Product Development, the graphic designer should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project. If you think you have what it takes to bring ideas to life with visual impact, we want to hear from you!
Objectives of this Role
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using the Adobe Creative Suite and Figma to visualize and develop innovative brand design that meets business goals, including digital design for email, website, social media, video, animation, and print collateral like structural packaging, hang tags, inserts and more.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to create consistent, joyful, and strategic brand assets.
- Evolve our brand identity with the development and maintenance of a brand style guide.
- Obtain input from management, ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company appropriately.
- Provide high-level mockups for creative review.
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with the marketing team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects.
- Clearly communicate ideas through various levels of the creative process: content strategy, brainstorming, wireframing, all the way through to final deliverables.
- Ensure deliverables meet brand standards and follow creative briefs.
- Examine existing processes, identify flaws, and create solutions to improve design capabilities.
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video.
- Proactively stay up-to-date with digital and social media trends.
- Jump in as needed to support the team with day-to-day creative requests.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams for a wide range of materials that may include landing pages (UI/UX design), email campaigns, packaging, print collateral, newsletters, social media assets (including video and animation), and marketing materials.
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within established brand identity.
- Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout.
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding best practices for using a content management system.
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business to design and execute specific deliverables.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or similar discipline.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills.
- 4+ years experience (academic and professional) with the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Figma (or Sketch)
- Excellent eye for typography, layout, branding, color theory, and best practices.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates a range of brand and marketing design (including video, animation, packaging, print and digital across channels).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Hyper-organized with time management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment, detail oriented, an excellent communicator and the ability to work well in a remote team environment.
- A ‘no task is too small’ attitude willing to jump in as needed to support the team with day-to-day creative.
- You’re motivated to build a brand that inspires families to create special memories.
- Strong interest in how design affects user experience.
- Creative, resourceful, and willing to bring new ideas to the table.
- Balance openness and warmth with a sense of urgency and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Collaborative approach to your work and people enjoy working with you because you find opportunities to win together.
- Efficient and focused on getting things done well and on schedule.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid time off, vacation.
- Sick days.
- Paid holidays.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Home office stipend.
- Internet stipend.
- Company discount.
- Team building activities.
- Company-issued computer.
Little Sleepies is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.