Title: Graphic Designer
Location: United States – Remote
Graphic Designer Contractors for a 50- employee (and growing) remote education non-profit providing professional learning to K-12 educators nationally
Type of Vacancy : Multiple Contractors, Project-based
Timeline: Projects starting immediately and ongoing
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the United States
Teaching Lab is an equal-opportunity employer committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We pursue equity as both a means and an end and enthusiastically welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this role.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Teaching Lab is hiring a Graphic Designer contractor ( Contractor ). The Contactor will be responsible for creating and developing visual text and imagery for projects related to all of Teaching Lab’s marketing, communication, and thought leadership channels. The Contractor will: Design and create graphics to help communicate Teaching Lab’s marketing needs in print and digital. Transform statistical data into infographics that effectively communicate Teaching Lab’s services. Establish brand guidelines to help inform creative direction. Retouch and manipulate existing imagery.
WHO WE ARE
Teaching Lab is a nonprofit organization with a mission to fundamentally shift the paradigm of teacher professional learning to achieve educational equity. We envision a world where teachers and students thrive together in communities that enable life-long learning and meaningful lives. Using our Head, Heart, and Habits model of professional learning, we transform professional learning from the ground up to dramatically improve student outcomes. We also work with school, district, and state leaders to create the instructional systems necessary to support these changes.
- 5-8 years of professional graphic design experience
- Possess in-depth knowledge of various social media platforms
- Online content creation experience
- Strong commitment to Teaching Lab’s organizational mission and values in pursuit of educational equity
- Drive to succeed and proactiveness
- Reliable and consistently complete work in a timely and consistent manner
- Have the ability to manage up when needed to get complex work done
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills for all types of social media and online platforms
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively