- USA Only
- 7 applicants (18%)
POSITION SUMMARY Hofman Hospitality Group is looking for a seasoned Graphic Designer who is motivated to combine the art of design with marketing initiatives. The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating, manipulating, and maintaining the design of marketing pieces both print and digital. Print items such as promotions, brochures, menus, poster boards, and digital items such as banners, emails, and landing pages. Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can communicate ideas effectively, listen well, and collaborate with other departments. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● Work as part of a creative team using established creative workflows, while also taking ownership of assignments and working independently
● Conceptualize and design content for digital communications, including websites, e-marketing, digital advertising, and social media within brand guidelines
● Conceptualize and design content for internal company communications, including emails, newsletters, reports, presentations, posters, documents, forms, templated documents, and training materials within brand guidelines
● Conceptualize and design internal company culture and education materials, including flyers, posters, and specialty items within brand guidelines
● Conceptualize and design content for external and internal special events, including event communication emails, invitations, collateral, communication updates within brand guidelines
● Execute top-quality design work in line with company standards across a variety of mediums
● Understand the products, markets, guests, position, and strategy of Hofman Hospitality Group and its restaurant concepts
● Work with marketing, operations, culinary, and training departments and team members to plan projects, understand the strategic and conceptual development of messages, and how they relate to marketing pieces/projects
● Manage and prioritize multiple projects within design specifications and schedule ● Determine appropriate means to produce the desired visual effect and production methods
● Recommend practices designed to streamline, improve efficiencies, and reduce costs
● Promote corporate brand standards within the company, external vendors, and partners
● Performing other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation skills, and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose inadequacies and inefficiencies and implement solutions
● Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
● Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and team members.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
● Passionate about design trends, design tools, and resources
● Confidentiality of sensitive personnel and business information
● High-level photo manipulation and retouching skills
● Proficient understanding of HTML, CSS, and web asset creation
● Illustration and Photography skills are a plus
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, or related software
● Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
● Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
● Knowledge of layout graphic fundamentals, typography, both print and web skills
● Associates degree in Fine, Computer, Commercial, Visual, Graphic Arts, or in related fields of study
● Two or more years of graphic design or marketing-related experience required
● Portfolio of work to exhibit ability, depth, style and experience
● An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
● Ability to successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
● Bachelor or Masters degree in Fine, Computer, Commercial, Visual, Graphic Arts, or in related fields of study preferred
● Experience in the restaurant industry
● Five or more years of graphic design or marketing-related experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to use hands or fingers, and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member(s) incumbent in this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship. Hof’s Hut Restaurants, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.