- 9 applicants (18%)
We are currently looking to expand our design team with a Graphic Designer to assist us in the development of our branding and our overall social presence. You will be primarily working with the design and marketing/communication departments, but also with an interdisciplinary team of computer scientists, physicists and developers.
Quantum computing is a fast growing field that is also quite complex and intricate. Don’t worry, you won’t have to know all about it, but your curiosity will be essential to create meaningful visuals.
- Rework Horizon’s current company and product branding in close relationship with the Product team to establish and maintain a coherent, elegant and relevant Brand Style Guide
- Create original visuals to help clearly communicate scientific and technical ideas on the company website (in product videos, illustrations for documentation) and support the company’s communications strategy in an appealing and unified way
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to ensure a cohesive visual identity for the company
- Provide the marketing & communication team easy to use templates
- Communicate and collaborate with the engineering & scientific teams to have a better understanding of the technology and the software
- Share your ideas with your peers and iterate
- Stay aware of design and marketing trends
- A strong digital graphic design profile experienced in branding
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects) and Figma
- Open-minded with great communication skills, and fluent in English which is crucial in Horizon’s international and partially remote team
- Understanding of good practices to facilitate the work between all fields (design, marketing, product, science and engineering)
- Ideally, 3+ years of experience, but the most important is relevant and significant experience as a graphic designer (in an agency, a startup or as a freelancer)
- Curious, organised, independent (but collaborative), not afraid of taking initiative and detail-oriented (placement, hierarchy and consistency)
- Motion design experience is highly appreciated, and video editing and print are an added bonus.
- Previous experience with unusual / atypical projects.
- Interests (even very basic) in science / physics, ideally shown through previous work.
About the company
At Horizon Quantum Computing, we are developing tools to simplify and expedite the process of developing software for quantum computers, a fundamentally new form of computer that exploits effects from quantum physics to more efficiently process information. We are an international team headquartered in Singapore, with key markets spread out worldwide.