- 20 applicants (10%)
Work anywhere in the US, must live in the US
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our Creative Team to protect and shape the Continu family brand! With the Creative Director and Associate Art Director, the Graphic Designer will be responsible for the visual design of our branded materials and will translate our core messaging into clean, clear branded graphics for print and web.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be able to work quickly with attention to detail in a team environment
- Has a favorite Creative Suite program and secret tip to share
- Thinks big-picture but works within guidelines and requirements
- Is a lifelong learner, looking to stay ahead on trends, software, and design best practice
- Is self-motivated, well-organized, and an excellent communicator
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leader in online education, Continu is composed of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated, and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace, ranked
100 in [Fortune’s 2022 Best Small & Medium Workplaces for
Millennials](https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best- workplaces/millennials/2022?category=small-and-medium), ranked #86 in Fortune's 2021 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the US and ranked #13 in Fortune's 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Women by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com and parent company lacallegroup.com.
We celebrate diverse voices within our organization and in the professions we serve, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our team members feel empowered and supported in their careers. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious creed, disability status, veteran status or age. We are also committed to paying our team members at fair rates based on their skills and experience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Though we are virtual and scattered across the country, we communicate frequently, have a tight-knit team, and work collaboratively on marketing projects. We love a good brainstorming session, sharing clever marketing campaigns, and coming up with new ideas to help promote the business and the brand.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Full-time W2 position, work core U.S. business hours in your time zone
- Ability to fulfill the job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Occasional travel is required for one annual company meeting and possibly one team meeting per year
- We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group health insurance, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, accident insurance, and more
- We offer 21 days of flexible paid time off per year (increases with tenure) as well as your birthday and holidays (you may substitute any of the standard holidays for another public holiday such as bank/school or other regional or religious holidays)
- We offer a 401k match, professional development, charitable gift matching, robust wellness programs, and more
- Create graphics that support our businesses visually. This includes but is not limited to:
- Optimized advertisements for web, print, exhibits, and promotions
- Digital illustrations following our brand guidelines and standards
- Engaging social media graphics for multiple platforms and users
- Motion graphics + animated gifs for internal and external advertising
- Participate in and collaborate on creative ideation for marketing and branding campaigns
- Be a protector of the brand by demonstrating a talent for clean, modern graphic design that combines text and imagery in a way that’s consistent with our companies’ branding
- Maintain project files in an organized and accessible manner, while utilizing cloud-based document sharing
- Participate in professional development initiatives, providing feedback and completing milestones as discussed
- Work proactively within project timelines, effectively meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects.
- Follow projects through from inception to completion, including revisions, edits and changes, and print-ready file delivery
- Help maintain and promote social media accounts and content, and assist with company blog promotions and press releases, including scheduling posts, ideating engagement ideas, and layout of the posts and stories
- Fluency in a Mac environment with Google Drive, Adobe CC products + libraries, and cloud-based asset management is a must
- Strong portfolio of editorial/digital illustration
- 3+ years of experience as part of a Marketing or Creative team or agency
- BFA or work experience commensurate with arts degree
- Ability to take direction, communicate effectively, and collaborate with other team members
- Experience with a ticketing system (JIRA, Asana) a plus
- Experience working remotely a plus
The Graphic Designer’s success will be measured and evaluated by the following metrics:
- Being successful with your yearly goals set with your manager;
- Completing design deliverables In a timely manner, with high-quality results, while adhering to the brand;
- Ability to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders; and
- Commitment to lifelong learning - continuously growing skills as it pertains to graphic design.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear about: 1) why you are a valuable asset to a creative team; and 2) a project that challenged you as a designer and why you are proud of it.