* Position is preferably on-site in Austin, TX *
Bakery Austin is searching for a skilled Designer to commit their impressive craftsmanship and leadership abilities to an already talented group of artists. Our designers help define and execute brand identities, marketing campaigns, brand partnerships, and content creation. As a member of the Design team, you will work under design leads and help push the boundaries of the brief, help innovate on our brands' looks, and create beautiful, award-winning work.
Bakery is a creative and R&D company headquartered in Austin, TX with offices in Tokyo. We work with trendsetter brands to launch products that informed consumers want. Brands like Smirnoff, Nike, Shiner Beer and Kellogg turn to Bakery to achieve their business goals by using data to inform great storytelling, product innovation, and exciting experiences. Bakery has been named a Best Place To Work by AdAge.
- Oversee the creation and production of campaigns and design solutions for our clients.
- Conceptualize, develop, and design for a various mediums such as creative marketing campaigns, digital and social assets, print, OOH, packaging and others.
- Lead by demonstrating craft, thought, and understanding of what makes remarkable and distinctive visual art.
- Be both a hands-on designer and a compelling leader.
- Ensure our creative presentation decks are works of art in and of themselves.
- Steer team through multiple projects and rapid timelines.
- Process and quickly execute internal and/or client feedback on short deadlines.
- An impressive portfolio of work created for leading lifestyle brands.
- 5+ years as Production Artist, Illustrator, Graphic Designer or similar within a design studio, creative agency, or print publication.
- Impeccable taste, design craft and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Intimate knowledge of formal typographic and graphic design convention; ability to supply artwork in various file formats according to project needs.
- Competence and patience adapting to accommodate changes in strategic direction or client needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with creative teams (e.g., other designers, art directors, copywriters, motion designers, UX designers, editors, retouchers.)
- Professional understanding of conventional and digital printing processes as well as the concept of plate separation.
- Fluent in 4-color process, Pantone matching systems, studio color management, color profiles, proofing.
- Strong hands-on studio skills for prototyping designs in retail, installations, print, packaging and digital formats.
- Ability to organize thoughts and project details under time constraints.
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Summer Retreats
- Pet Friendly Office
- Yearly Creative Stipend
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K + match
- No Time Tracking!
- Experience in Packaging Design