Front-End Developer / UX Designer
- USA Only
Cuttlefish Digital is a start-up digital communications and campaigning agency. We develop and deliver creative digital campaigns for clients who work to speed up action on the climate crisis As part of a global network of communicators, researchers, marketers, and advocacy strategists, we work with purpose-driven organisations to campaign for climate action and clean energy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced and creative Front-End Developer / UX designer, with an interest in building technology to support activists and advocacy campaigns, to join a newly formed creative team at Cuttlefish. The position would support a team of marketing, creative, and mobilisation specialists, by helping to plan and build websites and other tools to support clients campaigning on climate change.
In this role, you will:
- Lead on technical support and direction, and creation of websites, landing pages, and other online engagement platforms.
- Create mockups, wireframes, site maps, and prototypes for new projects.
- Plan and write procedural documents and guidelines relating to web design and development.
- Consult with clients and colleagues to understand their needs during project planning to help them write a creative brief.
- Integrate website properties with third-party applications such as CRMs, social media platforms, analytics tools, testing tools and digital marketing platforms.
- Advise on and build dynamic and interactive features for websites.
- Stay up to date with new technologies, and look out for opportunities to use this in new projects.
- Advise colleagues on best-practice usability for websites and landing pages to increase conversions and actions.
- Lead on bug testing and QA processes for new projects.
- Manage subscriptions and accounts for domain registrations, website hosting, and website security.
- Define the choice of technologies and tools that best suits the needs of the team, including tools for website stability, security, and analytics.
- Manage external freelancers and expertise when required, including assisting back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
This is a new role, working as part of the Design and Creative team, and reports to the Senior Creative Producer.
OUR CURRENT TECHNOLOGIES
We’d prefer candidates with experience using these or similar tools:
Action Network, Mailchimp, Wordpress, Go Daddy, Cloudflare, Adobe Creative Suite, Cloudways, Google Suite, Supermetrics, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Twitter Ads, Google Marketing Suite (Analytics, Optimize etc), Zapier, Crazy Egg.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & PROFILE
- 3-5 years of experience in responsive and adaptive web design or web development.
- Ability to solve technical challenges with a user-centric approach, and strong understanding of usability and UX principles.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-devices compatibility and adaptability.
- A creative and strategic thinker, with an understanding of how advocacy campaigns contribute to social change.
- Good knowledge of SEO principles, and able to ensure websites adhere to those standards.
- Good understanding of digital project management, including scoping new work and completing projects to agreed timelines.
- Comfortable working with a remote-first team, using tools like Slack, Monday.com, Trello, Zoom, and Google Suite.
- Experience with back-end technology and engineering, and mobile application design, would be a plus.
- An understanding of how technology can be used for activism and social change, and some of the challenges of this, especially in the Asia Pacific region.
- A customer-oriented mindset, motivated to help colleagues find solutions to problems.
- An interest in using your skills to help stop the climate crisis.
Fluency in English is essential as our main language of working day-to-day. Knowledge of one or more in Bengali, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mandarin, Thai, or Vietnamese would be an advantage but not essential for this role.
Please note this is a home-based and remote position. We are not able to offer sponsorship for a business visa or work permit at this time, but can offer access to a shared office space if you’re based in Bangkok, Thailand.
DATES OF CONSULTANCY
We can offer you a 12-month, fixed term contract (including a 3 month probationary period) with a possibility of extending contingent on funding.
HOW TO APPLY
Please prepare your CV, a short cover letter outlining your motivations and experience, and your portfolio by 17 September 2021, and submit them online at https://cuttlefishdigital.co/careers/front-end-developer-ux-designer/
If you have questions about the role, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.