Founding Product Designer
- USA Only
Hi, we’re Matchly and we’re helping employees get all of their employer benefits, make great financial decisions, and reach financial freedom.
Our first product allows employees to get their 401(k) employer match without having to invest any of their own money. This way, we can help Millions of Americans who can’t contribute their own money access their match and save thousands of dollars per year.
We are looking to hire a creative, empathetic, and thoughtful Founding Product Designer to build and lead the design team and culture at Matchly. We are a remote-first company, currently with locations in NYC and Tel Aviv, and are backed by leading early-stage VCs, as well as high-profile fintech angels.
About the Role
You will be in charge of designing delightful products and user experiences that will represent Matchly’s identity. Our product has the potential to change millions of people’s lives for the better, yet personal finance is a sensitive and complicated topic for most people and it requires building trust. Your challenge is to design our products in a way that builds this trust and conveys our value proposition.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the design of our first product
- Build and guide our product design team to deliver amazing end-to-end user experiences
- Develop an iconic and trustworthy identity for Matchly as we launch and grow (think Coinbase, PayPal, Venmo)
- Develop products and tools for employees that make their financial lives and decisions easy, engaging, and fun
- Conduct and/or manage the outsourcing of customer research
- Understand how and where to use data to improve our products
At a Minimum, We’d like You to Have
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- Outstanding interaction, visual design and product thinking abilities
- 4+ years of experience designing a complex system/platform
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Experience collaborating closely with R&D and product teams
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- The ability to adapt, switch gears, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Experience in leading a design team
- Experience leading other designers, providing feedback and directing work
- Previous work experience in a consumer-focused tech organization
- Familiarity with creating interactive prototypes
If you're as excited as we are after reading this, please reach out to email@example.com!