- USA Only
- 2 applicants (33%)
We are looking for a Designer in the USA or UK to work directly with engineers and leadership on solving complex problems primarily around real- time video experiences.
Salespeople used to travel to see their customers face-to-face to build lasting relationships and win customers. When the world moved to remote work in response to the pandemic, they were stuck without the right tools to develop and maintain relationships virtually. We felt deep empathy with our users, who almost had to relearn their craft overnight.
We also saw the shift to video as a significant opportunity to make selling more fun, engaging and human. Imagine if getting on a video call with clients felt a bit like playing your favorite video game? Imagine if showcasing your product was as fun as recording a story on Instagram and Snap? That's the type of experience we are looking to create for buyers and sellers in Salesroom.
You'll be joining a team of serial entrepreneurs, highly experienced in building product-led companies and creating community love around the products they made. We have the backing of top-tier Silicon Valley and European VCs.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- You're a designer who is capable of original and critical thinking
- You are a creator at heart, who can see the north star and work on how to get there
- You're highly entrepreneurial, take ownership and work with what you have
- You value integrity, curiosity, personal growth, helping others and being part of a team
- You avoid complaining and prefer action and positive thinking
- You learn fast and push yourself outside of your comfort zone
- You do what needs to be done, even when outside your wheelhouse
- You don’t need to be told what to do to provide value
- You work hard and with a sense of urgency
- You are pragmatic, preferring to simplify, test and iterate ideas quickly
- You communicate concisely, both verbally and in writing
- You have basic coding knowledge and are eager to learn more
Won’t Succeed If
- You need the actual app to be duplicated and maintained in Figma
- You rely on high-fidelity designs to articulate concepts, ideas and changes
- You are overly protective about your ideas and work
- You struggle to focus on the problem at hand
- You struggle working remotely and with a distributed team
- Competitive Salary : Our salary formula adjusts based on your location and the cost of living and is targeted to the USA and UK.
- Stock Options : You will be an owner of Salesroom.
- Work Remotely with Flexible Hours : Salesroom is a remote-first culture. You need to live and work in the USA or UK.
- Home Office Setup : Get a MacBook Pro, external monitor, accessories and $500 to help set up your home office.
- Pension : USA 401k participation / UK pension contributions.
- Health Insurance : We offer health, dental and vision insurance.
- Personal Fund : Extra money for personal development, gym, co-working space, or coffee shop work.
- Unlimited Vacation : We have unlimited PTO. There is no set limit. We do have guidelines about when leave can be taken, how much notice should be given in advance, and practical conditions to consider.
- Parental Leave : 3 months of family leave for all parents.
The salesroom is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Application and Interview Process
Introduce yourself to us as a colleague and be your authentic self. Take time with the application; we will do the same when we get it. We don’t need to see a cover letter, but we want to know why you want to join an early-stage startup as it’s not for everyone.
If your application is accepted, here is the process you can expect. We prefer to move quickly and schedule interviews over one or two days but will adapt to your availability.
- 90 min - Behavioural and Career Conversation with the CCO & an Engineer. Some questions might include: give me an example of a conflict you’ve had and how you resolved it, how do you collaborate with others, how do you look to grow personally, what are you most proud of, and why, talk me through a project that failed, why did it fail and what did you learn?
- 90 min - Product Design with the CEO and Head of Engineering. We will take a feature that Salesroom has implemented and design it from the ground up together. You will be asked to talk through a project, sometimes multiple projects, that you have previously worked on, providing enough detail to explain the project at both high and low levels. Some questions might include: What’s your understanding of design trade-offs? What are some mistakes you've learned from? How have you applied your learnings?
- Paid Exercise. For candidates who reach this stage, we will pay $300 for you to design a solution to an actual problem we recently faced. We want to see your problem-solving skills. No exceptions.