Experience Design Director
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (8%)
Grit Digital Health is looking for an Experience Design Director to lead our growing design team.
Come join a dynamic group of behavioral health, design and technology experts as we innovate the future of digital health and wellness tools. Our products are used by over a million people who are seeking mental health support. Whether tackling loneliness, personalizing well-being, or preventing suicide, your design talents will connect people with tools that save lives and help people thrive.
Grit Digital Health operates four core software products that are licensed across industry verticals, with a primary focus on mental health and well- being in higher education. Our team of 20 FTE’s is based in Denver, Colorado. As a hybrid remote/in-person role, ideal candidates would live in or be willing to relocate to Denver.
What You’ll Do
As Experience Design Director, you will lead a team of designers responsible for shaping the end-to-end experience of Grit’s purpose-driven products and services. As a senior leader in the company, you’ll collaborate across teams and stakeholders to create meaningful product experiences that deliver business results and drive positive health outcomes for our users. Candidates should be passionate about solving problems with creativity and a collaborative spirit, championing design thinking across the company. We’re seeking someone with experience in a fast-paced environment who is confident in managing a team to deliver results across several products and teams.
In your day-to-day work, you’ll lead the discovery and implementation of Grit’s product designs through the following activities:
- Support, empower, and mentor a team of talented designers to grow in their careers through impactful contributions to Grit’s products and services.
- Oversee human-centered design methods to advocate for end-users, buyers, and product-led company growth..
- Manage the development of key artifacts used to guide product design, brand and product marketing: user research synthesis, design briefs, journey maps, market research, wireframes, prototypes and design systems.
- Participate in strategic planning and translate Grit’s business and impact goals into a roadmap for implementation.
- Create end-to-end experiences and documentation of work by leveraging proficiency in interaction design, visual design, and/or content design.
- Strengthen and solidify the design processes that guide our product lifecycle, working across teams to create and maintain key design processes, from discovery and research through QA and iteration.
- Guide design standards for diversity, inclusivity, and web accessibility.
- Collaborate with product managers to leverage data throughout the design lifecycle (discovery, implementation, evaluation.)
- Facilitate cross-company collaboration with the design team through presentations, workshops, and stand-ups (Ex. design review with engineers, roadmap planning with product management).
- Work hand-in-hand with designers, product managers and engineers to build and scale a unified design system.
Your Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience, with a portfolio that highlights multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent UX/UI and Graphic Design leadership, with versatility working across the spectrum of design phases and practices.
- Strong communication leadership and ability to articulate design decisions based on data, research and best practice.
- Strong background in design research and an ability to derive meaningful insights across large datasets (qualitative and quantitative.)
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (we use Figma as a product design team).
- Skilled at working with, contributing to, and maintaining multiple product design systems.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Track record of collaboration with multidisciplinary teams of creative, business, and client stakeholders.
- A growth mindset, passion for learning, and willingness to adapt and evolve your own perspective when collaborating with teammates with different backgrounds, perspectives, and expertise.
- Ability to multi-task and work across several products at one time.
Bonus points for…
- Understanding of front-end software development processes and frameworks
- Previous experience working in health-tech or ed-tech industries
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment, like a startup or agency
Your Compensation & Benefits
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision coverage
- Quarterly wellness stipend
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Vacation, Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- People-oriented culture that values autonomy, growth and balance
- Professional development opportunities
- Hybrid work-from-home environment
- Compensation range for this role is $120k–$150k annually depending on experience
Our Commitment to Diversity
We actively work toward greater diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’re an equal opportunity employer and welcome diverse perspectives and life experiences on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.