Editor, Strategy Guide Checklists
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Editor, Strategy Guide Checklists
Editorial Remote – California
Remote – United States
Position at IGN
About IGN IGN Entertainment is one of the leading Internet media companies focused on video games and entertainment. IGN reaches more than 286 million monthly users around the world, and is followed by more than 56MM social and YouTube followers. IGN also publishes daily content on 35 platforms including TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat Discover. Established in 1996, IGN is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London. IGN content is localized in 20 languages and 110 countries and hosted on websites and native applications on mobile, connected TV, and Xbox and PlayStation platforms.
Our team is seeking a new member who can improve IGN’s game strategy guides by overseeing our database of checklists. IGN’s editorial team is made up of all kinds of people that share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and background to apply.
- You’ll collaborate with a team to create detailed checklists for giant strategy guides. Collectibles, chapter progress, map markers, and other features can be tracked using IGN’s toolset, helping users get to 100% completion.
- You’ll play games of all sorts to understand perfectly how to break them down into lists of accomplishments that make sense and show a player’s progress in meaningful ways.
- You’ll create a plan to outfit our back catalog with checklists, as well as curate the checklisting needs of new releases.
- You’ll contribute to our other guides content as well as you master games and perfect checklisting.
- You’ll make a unified experience for all players checking off their progress across maps, guides, and more.
- You’ll oversee a freelance force creating checklists and create and maintain plans to scale the application of checklists in IGN guides.
- Side quests include participating in the creation of all IGN content, including reviews, news, previews, and appearances on shows and podcasts.
- You have published video game strategy guide work.
- You have experience working SEO terms and phrases naturally into your work so it reads well for humans (and one very particular robot).
- You have a knack for organization.
Our Culture and Values
At IGN, we believe diversity stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of new ideas, and enriches our personal and professional lives. We are committed to championing diversity in all that we do, weaving fairness and equity into the fabric of our organization, and achieving a safe, welcoming, inclusive, and antiracist culture where everyone belongs and everyone can thrive.
Here’s the good stuff about us
- You’ll make an impact. We reach 286 MM monthly unique users. We’re big time, but we’re not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately.
- We’ve got a big presence, but a small team.
- We have fun. It’s all about games and games are fun. Anyone can offer a casual work environment, flexible hours, and benefits. We can offer that and a place where you can squad up with your coworkers in the arcade/game room.
- We’re passionate about what we do. IGN employees understand our users, because they are our users. We have a personal interest in providing the best possible product.
IGN offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness focused benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits; Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then IGN is the place for you.
IGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Salary Disclosure: Ziff Davis provides a range for the base pay. Factors that may be used to determine your actual pay may include your specific job related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographic location. The base pay for this position ranges from $60,000 to $70,000, plus incentive compensation (for eligible roles only), 401K with company match, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a flexible time off policy.