- USA Only
- 5 applicants (14%)
Editor Horoscopes & Zodiac
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected].
YourTango is looking for an ambitious, meticulous, and efficient editor to work side-by-side with our Senior Editor in the Horoscopes & Zodiac department to ensure every piece of content we publish is thoughtfully written, reviewed for accuracy, and fun to read.
As a part of our creative and collaborative editorial team, you will be responsible for assigning, editing, and updating articles related to horoscopes, zodiac, astrology and spirituality topics. You will work directly with our freelance writers and our in-house team of editors to increase traffic and visibility while providing our readers with the best, most entertaining information possible.
Typical Duties / Responsibilities:
- Oversee a specific set of verticals in the Zodiac & Horoscopes department. Either:
- Horoscopes (including daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, general, tarot and love horoscopes as well as update and oversee the horoscopes dashboard).
- Timely Astrology (including daily, weekly, monthly, yearly zodiac transits, single-page zodiac sign articles, full and new moon horoscopes, manifestation guides, and Chinese zodiac content).
- Assign and edit articles to freelancers and editors within the Zodiac & Horoscopes department, ensuring they are accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive, easy-to-read, and in abidance with SEO, ethical, and editorial best practices.
- Add value to content by rewriting/restructuring articles as needed.
- Apply YourTango’s editorial voice to explain complex astrology information to readers in an easily digestible, conversational way.
- Increase organic ranking and traffic through smart, researched keyword selection and SEO optimization.
- Conduct competitor analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Create and update article photos in accordance with YourTango image styles and best practices.
- Track and monitor the performance of your articles on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Participate in team meetings to contribute to shared content goals and strategy.
- Must possess strong editing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Should have an interest in or be well-versed in traditional astrology. Certified astrologer preferred, but not required.
- Has a talent for translating hard-to-understand astrology terms and details into easily digestible, conversational language for readers.
- Must be efficient, ambitious, and deadline-driven.
- Should be passionate about learning and understanding reader behavior and keeping up with SEO best practices.
- Should feel comfortable editing and writing across all horoscope, zodiac and spirituality categories (zodiac signs, astrology events, tarot, etc.)
- Has a background in writing and/or editing astrology or tarot content with an understanding of specific nuances surrounding transits and horoscopes.
- Strong copywriting skills, capable of writing engaging SEO-friendly headlines with YourTango’s editorial voice in mind.
- Must be able to manage a high volume of content and multiple initiatives at the same time
- Should have a willingness to experiment with content, try new strategies, and be self-driven.
Employment type: Full-Time
Location type: Remote
Typical Work Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM Eastern Daylight Time
Estimated pay: salary commensurate with experience/expertise