Editor - French
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Editor – French
Fully Remote Remote Worker – N/A Product and Content Development
Wayside Publishing is a progressive developer of world language programs, resources, and materials for middle and high schools across the United States. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that engage students and foster successful communication and understanding across cultures.
What You’ll Do
As the Editor, you are a language matter expert. You will work closely with the editorial team in the development of a portfolio of core and supplemental World Languages products. You will work closely with the Senior Editors, Production Editors, Graphic Designers, authors, and contractors (audio studio, animators, content experts, reviewers, etc.), and key internal teams to ensure that all print and digital materials adhere to the company’s pedagogical, design, and editorial standards as well as curriculum standards.
- Reviews and edits written print and digital content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, style, and clarity. Ensures adherence to the organization’s style guidelines and maintains consistency across different materials and publications. Keeps a critical eye on the editorial processes, pitching improvements that focus on product quality and excellent customer experience.
- Assists with the development and editing of K-12 content for the World Language markets including textbooks, workbooks, teacher’s guides, and digital resources, ensuring alignment with educational standards, curriculum guidelines, and pedagogical best practices.
- Participates in the development of new electronic and multimedia products for the World Language markets including the following but not limited to eBooks, LMS, digital environments, games, online activities, etc.
- Assists the Developmental Editors and Senior Editors in all aspects of product development from beginning to end, from pre-project research through print and digital production and maintenance.
- Ensures the highest editorial quality and confers with the editorial team regarding changes in manuscripts and proofs.
- Participate in QA of the online course, ensuring all digital assets are accurate, interactivities are correctly applied and functioning and answer keys are accurate.
- Stays up to date with current educational trends, changes in curriculum standards, and emerging teaching methodologies to incorporate innovative and effective strategies into the development of educational resources.
- Coordinates with production and editorial project management teams to ensure timely completion of projects, ensuring adherence to schedules and budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares contracts for vendors and freelancers participating in projects.
- Assists in maintaining editorial checklist and stylesheet.
- Assists in maintaining unit manuscript templates for authors.
- Collaborates effectively with other Editors, Writers, Authors, Production Editors, Graphic Designers, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements, objectives, and target audience.
- Stay informed about language pedagogy, emerging trends, tools, and technologies related to editing and content development. Identify areas for process improvement and contribute to enhancing the editorial workflow and efficiency.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, World Languages, or Journalism.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in teaching a second language or experience directly related to education and second language acquisition preferred.
- Knowledge of ACTFL Standards.
- Minimum of Advanced Low language proficiency in English and Spanish, French, German, or Italian.
- 2-4 years of editorial experience with texts such as articles, short stories, journals, or books, including proofreading, line proofing, copy editing, developmental editing, and manuscript preparation.
- Experience in educational publishing is a plus.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Tech savvy, innovative, and forward-thinking.
- Experience with Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, and Word processing.
- Good problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- A focus on solutions rather than problems.
- Proven work experience in organizing and working with remote teams.
- Ability to manage a variable work schedule across multiple time zones.
- Proven ability to work autonomously in making tough decisions, while appropriately involving other stakeholders.
- Takes initiative with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Responds to stressful situations calmly and effectively.
- Be curious, continue to learn, adapt to change, embrace different perspectives, and guide the team to embody the company’s values.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation: base salary plus achievement-based incentive program, uncapped potential.
- Health insurance with options for dental, vision, life insurance, and more.
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution.
- Employer-paid STD and LTD policies.
- Paid holidays.
- Work/life balance as a company value.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
When submitting your application, please include a concise cover letter that speaks to your experience, and why this role is the next best step in your career.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.