Editor, Children's Books
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Editor, Children’s Books | Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet Kids is looking for an Editor to help develop, create, and deliver a global market-leading children’s list focused on showing kids what an amazing place the world is. The role is responsible for budgeting and commissioning all content (text, images, illustrations and maps) using freelance editors and designers, working alongside the Kids editorial and design team and publisher of the Illustrated and Gift list. You will perform the day-to-day project management required to deliver a book from proposal through product design, commissioning, production, pre-press and post- production. You will work with Sales and Marketing colleagues in the US, UK and Australia to ensure the successful creation and execution of sales and marketing strategies, and deliver high quality and profitable books and products that cement Lonely Planet’s reputation as a children’s publisher.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, develop, and execute market-leading nonfiction trade titles for children, as well as effective sales materials
- Develop a network of authors, publishers and agents to ensure LP is attracting and publishing the best children’s titles possible
- Collaborate with the Kids team and Illustrated and Gift publisher
- Manage cost control and productivity during the production phase
- Engage sales, marketing and co-edition teams in transparent, effective list development
- Expand the list into new age ranges and sub-genres in a sustainable, profitable way
- Prepare book P&Ls for approval, recommend print quantities, and accurate budgets
- Be accountable for delivery of print products to time and budget (from concept to market)
- Be responsible for the quality of the print products (both content, editorial and production)
- Work with the Production Editor, identify and resolve resourcing and scheduling issues, to enable successful product delivery at a title level
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience as a nonfiction children’s book editor, including originating children’s book concepts
- Knowledge of publishing and printing industry processes
- Highly creative and flexible approach to projects, with sound commercial knowledge, a strong feel for what works, strong entrepreneurial skills and plenty of initiative
- Ability to research and interpret market trends and other external perspectives in order to identify new content and product opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, on schedule, within budget
- Ability to work independently and be highly self-motivated
- Love of travel
Who We Are:
Lonely Planet is a travel guide book publisher. Founded in Australia in 1973, the company has printed over 150 million books.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full- time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.